WTB-Guineas and Muscovy's in central Kentucky

lobb40118

Songster
11 Years
Dec 1, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
I have a farm in Horse Cave KY. I want to buy about 6-8 full grown guineas for free ranging they can perch in the barn at night and i would also like to buy 2 full grown muscovy hens.

If you are ever in south central KY on Friday nights, there is an auction in Sano. There are always muscovy ducks there, and most usually guineas as well. I will keep a lookout for you on both if you want. There is actually a guy there every week that has both in a trailer. I know he sells the guineas $8 each, not sure how much the muscovies are. Let me know if you want me to get some for you, or if you need directions to the sale. They will be closed the next two weeks for the holidays, but they will reopen on the 9th.

I have nearly full grown muscovy hens but I"m up in Columbus. Don't know if you ever have anyone traveling back and forth.

Kendra

I do go down on fridays. What time is the auction and also what are the directions? Thanks. I rarely go to columbus but next time I do I will definately send you a message to see if you still have the hens. Thanks.

Quote:
I'm not Shelley, but we are partners in crime at the auction....

It is Sano Auction House - it says it is for goats, but they sell other stuff, too - poultry, calves, sometimes pigs, the odd horse or pony, donkey, etc.... Poultry sells before goats and other livestock, often people set up in the parking lot and just sell from their trucks or trailers, instead of taking them inside to acution off. In the summer, there is a TON of poultry of all sorts, in winter it slows up a bit in that department, but they still have enough to make it worth going.

To get to Sano from Horse Cave, ya want to take the Parkway to Columbia (you can get there from Russell Springs, too, but I'd have to google map it - I come from Columbia) Take the second Columbia Exit (hwy 55-S) and turn left back into town, go through 2 stoplights, and at the third stoplight, turn to the right (only goes right) This is 80.

Take 80 north (or is it east?) until you get the 1729 (Sano road) and take it until you go into Russell county - there is a corner store (I think it is just called Sano Store) and you turn to the left - which will take you back into Adair county (the auction house is right on the county line). The first road you come to after turning left will be the auction house road - you can see it from the corner, it is to the left.

Shelley may have better directions for you
lau.gif
, sorry if I confused the situation further.

meri

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I'm not Shelley, but we are partners in crime at the auction....

It is Sano Auction House - it says it is for goats, but they sell other stuff, too - poultry, calves, sometimes pigs, the odd horse or pony, donkey, etc.... Poultry sells before goats and other livestock, often people set up in the parking lot and just sell from their trucks or trailers, instead of taking them inside to acution off. In the summer, there is a TON of poultry of all sorts, in winter it slows up a bit in that department, but they still have enough to make it worth going.

To get to Sano from Horse Cave, ya want to take the Parkway to Columbia (you can get there from Russell Springs, too, but I'd have to google map it - I come from Columbia) Take the second Columbia Exit (hwy 55-S) and turn left back into town, go through 2 stoplights, and at the third stoplight, turn to the right (only goes right) This is 80.

Take 80 north (or is it east?) until you get the 1729 (Sano road) and take it until you go into Russell county - there is a corner store (I think it is just called Sano Store) and you turn to the left - which will take you back into Adair county (the auction house is right on the county line). The first road you come to after turning left will be the auction house road - you can see it from the corner, it is to the left.

Shelley may have better directions for you
lau.gif
, sorry if I confused the situation further.

meri

I just google it
wink.png
Here's the address, if you want to google it yourself, to get written directions. 331 W SULPHUR CREEK RD. COLUMBIA, KY 42728

But like I said in my first post, there is a guy that comes every week (except this and next...no sale these two
sad.png
) that has a horse trailer he sells his animals from. He parks it right in front of the doors, and he has guineas and muscovies, and chickens as well. Chickens at the auction are dirt cheap right now, so winter is the best time to get there if you can. In the spring they will be more expensive. I'm waiting till spring to take mine there!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom