WTB hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MommyMagpie, Nov 3, 2011.

1. MommyMagpie

MommyMagpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Salem/Jarvisville, WV
    I would like to buy 6-12 hatching eggs, bantam or LF. Specific breed not terribly important but would prefer breed(s) that are dual purpose or egglayers. I thought a friend was going to sell me some local eggs to hatch but she is afraid to put her roos in with the pullets (?????), and the only other person I know with a roo would give me Silkie/red sexlink cross chicks if they even hatch, this friend says he thinks the Silkie roo is a dud, he has never been able to hatch anything from his eggs. We will most likely keep 2 pullets and sell/give away/eat the others.

Anyway, I don't do paypal so will have to mail a check or money order, and you are more than welcome to not ship the eggs until the payment clears.

Thank you in advance!

2. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I'm not sure if these would interest you, but I could offer you some barnyard mutts. I have three blue Orps and a black Orp over Amberlinks, a Red Sexlink, EEs, Black Australorps, Tetra Tints, a Speckled Sussex and I think one of my buff Orps may be laying. I couldn't tell you who's is who's other than the EEs lay blue and green eggs. Fertility is confirmed by the bullseye test - every egg so far has been fertile. If you are interested, I think $0.50 an egg and $15.00 shipping should be fair - what do you think?

3. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    I sell hatching eggs, purebred for $6 a dozen for RIR, Barred Rock or Surprise pack. PM me if interested. Thanks, Deb

4. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
  5. MommyMagpie

Jul 29, 2011
    Salem/Jarvisville, WV
    Just wanted to let everyone know that shortly after I posted this, a car took out one side of my fence and as a result I have chickens in the brooder pen in my basement. The car owner is filing the claim tonight so I should know soon when I will have a fence again, to free up the brooder pen. So all is on hold at the moment. I know I will have 3 weeks between getting the eggs and actually needing the pen, but I have no idea when the insurance co. will get a contractor out here to replace the fence (it is a vinyl fence and 4 posts plus 3 panels were smashed to bits).

No people or chickens were harmed, thank goodness!

6. Hot2Pot

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    What were they, drunk? Lucky no one was killed! Yikes !

7. MommyMagpie

Jul 29, 2011
    Salem/Jarvisville, WV
    Quote:No one was in the car, the owner had forgotten to set the brake and it popped out of gear.

I hope to hear from the insurance adjuster today....I just realized that I have enough leftover fence panels, they will just need to replace the posts and reset them, then put the fence back together. Once I know when they will do the work I can make a final decision about eggs. I have a lot of very tempting choices!

8. Hot2Pot

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Don't give them your fence panels, they owe you new ones. Use yours someplace else. After all, they wrecked them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by