WTB HEDGEHOG OR SUGAR GLIDER IN VA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RoosterRehab97, Apr 29, 2009.

1. RoosterRehab97

RoosterRehab97 Chillin' With My Peeps

My brother DESPERATELY wants a hedgehog or sugar glider.

He can't find one and IS SPIRALING INTO DEPRESSION!!!

HE IS WILLING TO PAY 75-100 DOLLARS FOR ONE!!!

IF YOU HAVE ONE PM ME IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

2. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    there are two pet stores on the west end near richmond that has them but I have not found any of them under 125.00 locally. Maybe a private breeder will pop up but I dont know anyone right off hand.

Brandon

3. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    I imagine you just mean that he's eager, excited, and in great admiration of them and more or less bummed because he's hasn't found one yet...... because if you literally mean that he is spiralling into depression from desperately wanting but not having one of these critters, he needs something more than these cool critters!

Maybe in the meantime he can thoroughly research their care if he hasn't yet, and/or volunteer at a wildlife rehab center if there's one in the area. Rehab centers are fabulous training ground for care while also getting a hefty critter fix at the same time!
    JJ

4. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    I've been wanting a hedghog for a while, but they are illeagal here in California, so I would have to drive to oregon which would cost me abour $200 then teh hedgehog would cost around $300, and I just don't wan one that bad, LOL.

Good Luck finding one

Here are some Breeders you may want to contact in Virginia.

HEAVENLY HEDGEHOGS
    www.HeavenlyHedgehogs.com
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

All of our hedgehogs are registered with the International Hedgehog Association. They are handled each day (starting at two weeks) to ensure friendly and healthy hedgehogs. Out herd consist of a variety of colors. Please visit our website for more information.

Jenner Brunk
    Weyers Cave, VA

[email protected]

I have healthy, well-socialized, hand-raised babies a few times a year.

5. RoosterRehab97

RoosterRehab97 Chillin' With My Peeps

you are corect jjthink

6. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Most breeders charge around $200 for females and $150 for males around here. I'm in NC, and I raise gliders. I have one female that needs a home, but she is $225. She is 7 months old and comes with a $40 cage set (8 fleece items, you choose from a list).

Thanks,
    Emily

7. Dancing

Dancing Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2009
    Prescott, KS
    www.sugarglider.net is the best board to go to for sugar gliders. I currently have 30 of them counting the joeys. They are not the pet for everyone. Please make sure he does TONS of research before jumping into getting any gliders. Also, PLEASE do not get them from a pet store or flea market/home show as most of these come from mill breeders.

8. twinwillows1215

twinwillows1215 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Lapeer
    I breed both hedgehogs and sugar gliders, but I'm in Michigan so I'm probably a little too far [​IMG]

Dancing is absolutely right, gliders are not for everyone. I personally think that hedgehogs make better "beginners exotics" than gliders.

He might want to do more research and decide between the two. They are very different as far as personality and care goes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by