1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WTB Heritage RIR hatching eggs (or chicks) in MA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by popcornpuppy, Jan 4, 2010.

1. popcornpuppy

popcornpuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    Holland, Massachusetts
    Hi everybody. I am looking for heritage, NOT HATCHERY STOCK RIR's. I have some RIR's from Ideal hatchery. They are great egg layers but not the best looking specimins of the breed. So, I am looking for heritage Reds. I have a few heritage chicks I hatched 10 weeks ago, and I would like to get more so I can replace my Ideal hatchery Reds. I know we are in the dead of winter and shipping eggs is not a good idea this time of year, so I am looking for someone in or near MA to get eggs or even chicks from. I would like to get them now to have them start laying by late spring.

Also, anyone who is willing to ship eggs (that may not be in or near MA) to protect them from the winter weather, I would love to hear from you. Please let me know if you can help me out. Feel free to PM me or leave a posting. Thank You

Kathy

2. JamesA

JamesA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    Well if you want to travel 1901 miles I just hatched some awesome Deep Dark Heritage RIR's.You could even stop by Cynthia's and see her Dellies. [​IMG]

3. popcornpuppy

Jun 19, 2009
    Holland, Massachusetts
    Quote:So, does that mean your not willing to ship? [​IMG]
    I don't think my hubby is up for that far of a trip right now. After driving 1972 miles, he was in bed for 2 days to recover.

That trip is proof of far we are willing to go for quality chickens. The winter weather is the only reason why I am looking for someone closer to home.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  4. JamesA

JamesA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    Way to cold to ship chicks but if it was not I would send them on their way to you. [​IMG]

5. popcornpuppy

Jun 19, 2009
    Holland, Massachusetts
    [​IMG]
    well Thanks for thinking of me JamesA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by