WTB - in Central Ohio area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by corgimom, Jun 28, 2010.

1. corgimom

corgimom New Egg

Jun 27, 2010
    Ostrander
    Buff Orpinton, Araucauna. Does anyone know of a hatchery close to Marysville OH area

2. DelcoChix

DelcoChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Central Ohio
    I'm in Delaware County and have bought chicks from Meyer Hatchery in Polk for the last two years (just north of Ashland), it's just over an hour from us, so you're closer to 1 1/2-2 hours away if you drive up there. The folks are very good to work with and I have had 100% success rate with the chicks I've gotten from them..they also have a very nice sales catalog...free, which is a good thing. They don't have Araucanas, but do have Buffs (they are lovely birds, great temperaments), and a huge variety of both common and rare breeds, fancies, dual purpose, meaties,etc....plus they can sex the chicks pretty accurately...a really good thing.... Their website is no where near as good as their catalog in my opinion. I know they are 'hatchery' birds so not considered to be in the same realm as breeders birds, but they are fine for us. As a matter of fact we have some 8 week old Speckled Sussexes and Welsummer pullets from them this year that are doing great...they threw in a couple of 'extras' when we picked them up...couldn't resist those cute fuzzballs...now they have done so well I'm realizing we are a bit overcrowded so some must go...sigh. Check out their website or order a catalog...at least you won't be out anything just looking. Good luck.
    Dawn

3. FarmerJamie

FarmerJamie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    I agree with Delcochix - I have about 1-1/2 hour drive to get there, and it's soooo cool to be able to pick up in person and not have to worry about the postal service.

Very friendly and helpful. Good Luck!

4. mrkpero

mrkpero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    I agree too! I drive 2 1/2 hrs just to pick up a couple chicks. Don't have to pay shipping and babies don't have to go through all that stress. My12 year old daughter pets them all the way home and they are already pretty imprinted by the time we put them in the brooder! Great hatchery to deal with. All my chicks from them have been very strong and healthy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by