WTB incubator -- Hovabator 1588 or larger

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by amazondoc, Dec 5, 2008.

1. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Hey all --

I want an incubator! Forced air, please, with automatic turner. Something at least as large as a Hovabator 1588.

I'm in mid-TN, but I'm willing to drive a bit for a good deal.

THANKS!

2. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    The 1588 is on my Christmas wish list....dunno if I will get one or not. DH thinks I'm nuts hatching chicks, just to have to rehome many of them. We live in the city limits and have limited space. My chickens will be indoor pets....but baby chicks are so much fun to hatch....just can't resist. PLUS it's hard to find chicks in our area, so I will be helping supply and nurture a chicken habit here.

3. Cackel

Cackel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    They have lots of incubators on ebay ,But the price is out of this world on some of them ,People are bidding 70 and 80 dollars on old beat up used ones that they can buy new at troctor supply for 80.00 ,thats for the incubator and the turner. I bought mine from tractor supply on line,its a little gaint and I have had very good hatches with it , I also have 2 of the hava batos that i bought on line 1688 , got eggs in them for the first time waiting to hatch now ,

4. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Yup, I'm keeping an eye on ebay. Doesn't look like I'd save much over buying straight from Hovabator, and I haven't seen any Sportsmans yet. And I think the Rcoms and Brinseas are just gonna be too expensive for their size, from any source.

I did find some Sportsmans on craigslist this week, but the *closest* one is 5 1/2 hours from me. I've written to him just in case he'd like to make a really good deal on it, but so far he hasn't responded.

5. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    I found what looks like a good deal. It's the new 1502 Sportsman, including egg trays and automatic watering system and the see through door. Prices INCLUDE shipping. Depending on your shipping zone, price all told is around $775.

http://www.poultrysupplies.com/index_files/page0001.htm

Of course, that's still a heckuva lot of money, but it's a lot cheaper than I've seen elsewhere.

Can anyone beat that deal? I've been watching ebay and craigslist, and the best I've seen so far is the same incubator with the same features, 5 1/2 hours from me, for $500.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by