WTB: Indian Runner or Khaki Campbell in Colorado

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wifezilla, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I am looking for a breeding aged female for my drake. I currently have 2 other females and need one more for a good breeding trio.

Other breeds that would work are Buffs, Ancona's, and Welsh Harlequins. Basically any medium sized good egg layer is fine.

2. woodland feed

woodland feed Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2009
    Deer Trail, Colorado
    Hi!
    I have about 30 assorted full grown ducks that I raised last summer. They free range at my farm with all the other animals.
    When I order poultry for my customers, I always order extras--I love raising them here at the store! Last summer I decided I needed a new group of assorted ducks at my farm (a fox had wiped out all but 4 a few months earlier). I ordered "hatchery choice" and ended up with a pretty good assortment.
    I have decided to sell some of them, & you are welcome to choose any you would like.
    I have also decided to sell some of my assorted geese, chickens, goats, turkeys & llamas. If you know of anyone interested, please have them contact me. My husband just received his lay-off notice, so I am forced to downsize.
    I started my little store 3 years ago, but it has been a labor of love--we have lived on my husbands income so that I could grow the business. My only reward was being constantly surrounded by animals!
    But, in order for my store to survive, I must sell some of my farm animals.
    Let me know if you are interested.
    My farm is in Byers & my store is in Deer Trail.
    Thanks, Wendy

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Hi Wendy,

Sorry to hear about your husband's layoff. Looks like you are about 2 hours away from me. What are your hours? I may be able to come by during the week after my son gets out of school, but sometimes he doesn't get home until 3pm. I may have to make it a weekend trip. PM me your address/phone.

Do you have any ducklings at this time? I only need one (well, maybe 2 [​IMG]). I had a lone hatch and it needs a brooder buddy. I was going to get one at Big R, but I would rather help out a family owned small business if I can.

You may want to also post your information on the Colorado thread.

A bunch of us are planning a poultry swap at the Fountain Farmer's Market in June. I will contact you with more details the closer that gets. Some of us are sharing a booth and it is only $10 total for the booth so we are splitting the fee.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  4. woodland feed

woodland feed Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2009
    Deer Trail, Colorado
    Hi!

I apologize for not getting back to you yesterday. We had a full day with our goats kidding--the babies are so cute! Sometimes my days are a little too full--with homeschooling my youngest, taking care of the farm animals, keeping the store going--plus everything else! Most of the time I don't get a chance to get on the computer until late evening--and I was just too tired last night. Sorry.

But, I do have plenty of full grown ducks for you to choose from. If I know when you are coming out, I can make sure I have some here at the store. I also have 20 assorted ducklings arriving March 27th.

My store hours are:
    Sunday-Thursday 12 noon-8:30 pm
    Friday 12noon until sundown
    Closed Saturday

The name of our store is Woodland Feed & General Store
    698 1st Avenue
    Deer Trail, Colorado
    303-769-4888

Please feel free to call me.

Thanks,

Wendy

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009