WTB Isa Brown/Cinnamon Queen/Golden Comet hatching eggs and/or pullets

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Kansas Gal, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Kansas Gal

Kansas Gal Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2009
    Hutchinson, Kansas
    I would like to find some hatching eggs for the Isa Brown breed (also known as Cinnamon Queen or Golden Comet). I also would like to buy some chicks in September after our extreme heat wave is over! Does anyone have any Isa's? Thanks much!

2. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Red sex-link chicks and hatching eggs are not hard to come by.

But if you want ISA Brown red sex-link chicks the only source I am aware of that will sell to us small-timers is Townline Hatchery. http://www.townlinehatchery.com

Anyone can make a sex-linked bird. Very few have the ability to produce high-production birds like ISA Browns or the other commercial birds. They are the product of massive breeding and selection programs.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    If you decide on black sex-links I have 2 barred rock hens with my black copper marans roos. The chicks are able to be sexed at hatch due to males having a white head spot.

4. Kansas Gal

Kansas Gal Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2009
    Hutchinson, Kansas
    I did go to townline, and they definitely have the Isa Brown chicks, which I want to order in a month or two. For now, I would love to find some Isa hatching eggs! As for the black sex links, I do have 6 of them currently. Am looking for a breed that are reliable producers year around. Right now, out of 21 laying hens, we are only getting on average 4 eggs a day, due to our excessive heat! We have had temps between 98 and 112 with high humidity for over 30 days now, and temps over 100 is in our forecast for the next several days. ARG![​IMG][​IMG] Thanks much for the information!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  5. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    I will have true Red Sex links I have a RIR Rooster X Rhode Island White Hens late this year or the beginning of this year. This is what most hatcheries use or they use a RIR Roo X Delaware Hen. PM if interested. Thank you,

Nate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by