WTB: Lavender Orpingtons- chicks OR adults

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by hecatesmoon, Oct 1, 2012.

1. hecatesmoon

hecatesmoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello all. :) I am searching for the lovely lavender orpington. Straight run chicks are just fine or adult hens only, but I would prefer the chicks. I am looking for chicks at no more than $10 each, and am thinking I would like ten chicks.

Thank you from SE Missouri.

2. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
  3. hecatesmoon

Thank you, corancher. I was actually looking online last night and found that site only to discover that my zip code is among those that cannot be shipped. Ugh....my disappointment! My only hope I guess is that someone within my region actually finds my ad. :(

4. hecatesmoon

Corancer I got them!! I took a shot, called my post office, and they said they would accept them! Lavender babies are mine!!!

5. corancher

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    You will not be disappointed. Nellie's birds are really nice and she has great customer service.

6. hecatesmoon

I had difficulty navigating paypal and all that, and yes, she was very nice. I am so nervous-- ten little chicks in a box traveling by mail with the weather turned cool. People do this all the time though, right? They should be ok? There isn't usually a problem from ordering from anywhere? Ugh....I am excited and ill at the same time.

7. crfarm

crfarm Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes or so

Nov 29, 2009
    KY
    you could not have ordered from a better person. Nellie has great customer service and I am pretty sure she offers a chick guarantee. Thought I saw that somewhere on her site. She is WONDERFUL!!!!!! Nice birds

8. corancher

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    I just got some chicks from Nellie yesterday. They all arrived in great shape.

9. hecatesmoon

Oh, do tell! What did you get and how many?

10. hecatesmoon

Yes, she does guarantee her chicks, but I can't help the anxiety!
    On top of it the excitement is great, and I just cannot wait to SEE them and then to get to start guessing how many hens. My boyfriend said, "What if you spent all that money and all ten end up being roosters?" Ack!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by