WTB Lg Partridge Cochin Pullet/Hens SC Arkansas Texark/ & EE Roos FS!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by verycherry, Jan 15, 2009.

1. verycherry

verycherry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    SC Arkansas
    I'd love to find some good breeder to show quality Large Fowl Partridge Cochin females to add to my Cochin pair. I'd prefer older pullets or young hens.

My cochin roo has a couple of EE's to woo also, but I'd love to get more Cochin girls for him. He's just too big for some of my daintier ladies and they take off in the other direction as soon as they see that little twinkle in his eye!

I don't mind driving an hour or maybe two for a few nice pullets or hens, but I need to see pictures first. I want these to look similar to my others if possible. I really like their look.

I'm in South Central Arkansas, but I'm not far from Texarkana either.

Also might be interested in buying...

Bantam Silver Laced Cochins
    Splash or blue Bantam Frizzle Cochin pullets

I know I want these, but I have to get my other coop and run finished first, and it's slow going since I don't have help....and it's freakin' freezing! This coop will be just for my bantams.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  2. verycherry

May 29, 2008
    SC Arkansas
    I also have a couple of Ameraucana/EE boys I need to find good homes for. I don't want to let them go, but I need the room for more pullets. [​IMG]

These are Ideal Poultry Ameraucanas (I got them at the farm store who got them from Ideal), which means they're mixed colors, so basicly EE's.

One roo is a gorgeous solid white though. The other is buff mixed with white.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  3. verycherry

May 29, 2008
    SC Arkansas
    Oh wow! I have been trying for a while to find these in this color....the partridge in the standard size. Does anyone know who breeds them at least?

I also have a few Silkies for sale or trade.

4. verycherry

May 29, 2008
    SC Arkansas
    Well, that's about a 6 hour drive from my place, and then back. Oh man, I wish you were closer. I really don't need but 4 or 5 of the females though. I have too many roos around here already. They sure are pretty!

5. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Thanks.

6. verycherry

May 29, 2008
    SC Arkansas
    You probably won't, but if you ever come closer towards Arkansas, I'd meet you somewhere for a few of the pullets. I have the one roo (and only 1 hen) now, and need more females for him badly. I may just have to end up ordering day old chicks and waiting (and waiting...and waiting).

Anyway, good luck finding good homes for them!

7. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Yeah, if you order chicks you're right you'll be waiting FOREVER!!! Mine have all finally started laying and I hatched them out last Spring. We go to Memphis a lot, in fact we are on the highway now headed up that way, but I havn't been to Arkansas in a LONG time. I have some family up there, but they are a little crazy so we don't go visit!!LOL!!!

8. verycherry

May 29, 2008
    SC Arkansas
    I have some family up there, but they are a little crazy so we don't go visit!!LOL!!!

Lol! We may be related then, cause I've got a few crazy relatives here too! [​IMG]

Have a safe trip!​

9. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Hi! I'm in Texarkana. I don't have the birds your looking for. But I will keep my eyes and ears open for you. Its hard to find others with birds close by. I was looking for crele Old English bantams. Hope you find what your looking for.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by