WTB : Malaysian Seramas

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Jul 17, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    I am looking for Malaysian Seramas. at the moment I have 1 hen an 1 roo (their still young though) but they are from the same father. so I am looking for something outside of their bloodlines.. as much as I do not want anything shipped, it seems that this is my last resort..
    Hatching eggs, chicks or adults

TIA

2. Sunshinechiwa

Sunshinechiwa Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    Punta Gorda, Fl.
    Hi there,
    I notice that you are looking for Seramas. Well, at the moment I can offer you some adults. A pair or a trio. And I also have some young as 10 to 12 weeks old.
    I hate to shipping because the heat, but I send some young to up- state NY. last week, with some kind of special Ice Packs in the box and they arrived in perfect condition.
    I'm in Florida. Where are you located ?
    JD

PM or better, email me if you are interested.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    There is a difference between 'malaysian' serama and 'american' serama. Most likely you've got americans. The malaysians are the 'extreme' birds and most that do have them aren't letting them go [​IMG]

I could send you some eggs if you're interested, I have 8 hens and 5 roos right now. I get 4-5 eggs daily usually. The eggs are $15 for 6+ shipped. I do not have any started/young or adult birds at this time.

4. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:I just now noticed I had any replys on this!
    but Malaysian and American are the same thing! Here is a direct quote from the man who got them first shipped into America in 2001.

"Don’t be fooled into thinking you’re getting something different when you buy serama from someone advertising MALAYSIAN SERAMA. 99.99% of all SERAMA in North America are descendent of the 130 birds I imported from Malaysia in 2001. Call them American, call them Malaysian, call them Serama or call them Tiny Chickens, you’re getting one and the same thing. In fact, all of the people advertising Pure Malaysian Serama got their start from me."

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I just now noticed I had any replys on this!
    but Malaysian and American are the same thing! Here is a direct quote from the man who got them first shipped into America in 2001.

"Don’t be fooled into thinking you’re getting something different when you buy serama from someone advertising MALAYSIAN SERAMA. 99.99% of all SERAMA in North America are descendent of the 130 birds I imported from Malaysia in 2001. Call them American, call them Malaysian, call them Serama or call them Tiny Chickens, you’re getting one and the same thing. In fact, all of the people advertising Pure Malaysian Serama got their start from me."

If 'that man' you are referring to is Jerry, you need to go to his site (http://www.seramacouncilofnorthamerica.com/) and check it out. They refer to the 'dragon' type as 'malaysian' and the 'apple', 'ball', and 'slim' types as american.

True, they are all from the same stock, but there are 4 different types. The 'dragon' is the one referred to as 'malaysian'.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by