WTB Male Mute Swan IN, OH, KY, PA

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by warcard, Jun 30, 2010.

1. warcard

warcard Songster

Apr 4, 2008
    SE Indiana
    Hi,

I posted in the Wanted to Buy section, but I want to cover all our bases. I have had River DNA sexed and need to get her a new mate now, she is getting lonely.

We are looking for a Male Mute Swan 2-3 years of age for our 2-yr old female. We will consider a 1-yr old if necessary.

We are willing to drive a fair distance (within or just without the triangle made by Indianapolis, IN; Columbus, OH & Louisville, KY). We will also be in the Pittsburgh, PA area July 2nd-4th and driving back through eastern Ohio on the 5th.

Thank you.

2. smoothmule

smoothmule Crowing

Apr 12, 2008
    Buffalo, Missouri
    I'm in the opposite spot you are. I have just bought a young male mute swan that lost his mate. If you ever decide to sell your female, I would be interested and if the male does not work out here I will let you know but we're a pretty good distance from you, we're in SW Missouri. I have checked several places that sell them but they will only sell "pairs". If you don't find a male, would you be interested in splitting the cost of a pair? I could send you my male that way and keep the pair that was already bonded. We could meet halfway to bring you the male

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  3. smoothmule

smoothmule Crowing

Apr 12, 2008
    Buffalo, Missouri
    We made it home with the new swan, a male. I wormed him before turning him out on the pond. He seems to really love it so far. Our pond is much larger than his other pond. Here is a photo I took shortly after turning him out on the pond

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by