WTB Mallard Eggs for Hatching- Western WA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Snipes, May 17, 2010.

1. Snipes

Snipes Songster

May 15, 2010
    Does anyone have any fertile Mallard Eggs for sale in Western Washington? I am getting some eggs shipped by mail but I am very disheartened by the prognosis for shipped eggs!

2. classroomducks

classroomducks Songster

Sep 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Depending on how well the eggs are treated, shipped eggs can do very well. In my first hatch EVER, i had 12 mallard eggs from a biological supply company...never again from there...their eggs were perfectly clean and i think they may have been steralized. But out of those 12 eggs, I had 4 go to lock down, 3 to pipping, and 2 that actually hatched. In addition to the mallard eggs, I had 12 pekin eggs from a bycer that was shipped. They were still dirty and out of the 12 eggs, I had 9 go to lock down, (2 of the eggs were infertile, and i dropped the lid of the bator on the other one), and 6 of them hatched. Considering they were shipped eggs, it was my very first hatch, and the bator was in the classroom so it couldnt be monitored all night or on the weekends, i think they did pretty well. I had 50% on the pekins, including infertility loss, plus my own dumb mistake...I think that was pretty good. Dont get discouraged yet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by