WTB New Hampshire Red hatching eggs or chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mommy3, Jan 7, 2012.

1. mommy3

mommy3 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2011
    Plantsville, CT
    Hi- we are looking for either 12 hatching eggs or 5 female chicks. We would like New Hamp. reds. We currently have 3 Barred Rocks that are 3 mos. and want to complete our flock. We would like them from as close by as possible- NE or East coast preferable. Please let us know if you can help.
    Thanks
    Daniele

2. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  3. mommy3

Sep 19, 2011
    Plantsville, CT
    Thanks for the threads but don't want 100$ chickens and still looking for something a little closer to home. [​IMG]

4. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va
    Just fyi, New Hampshire Red is an incorrect name. They are called simply New Hampshires. I have some but they are probably hatchery quality. However they are the best layers I have, and big eggs too.

5. mommy3

Sep 19, 2011
    Plantsville, CT
    We are looking for just regular old chickens- not show quality. We want them as pets and egg layers- We have a fairly small coop that we only want to put about 8 chickens total in so they have plenty of space. Good to know about the name- we will keep that in mind as we are looking! We are definatley looking for good egg layers! We can not wait for them to start giving us something other than poop and entertainment!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by