WTB: Non-hatching eggs for ornament project

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by eastTNchick, Apr 10, 2009.

1. eastTNchick

eastTNchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Decatur, TN
    I'm looking for some non-hatching eggs to make ornaments with. I saw MissPrissy's eggs and fell in love with them: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=160244 They are stunningly beautiful!

I would love to be able to make some of these for an ornament swap that I am hosting this year. Would anyone be willing to ship me some eggs? I'd pay shipping, of course. Right now, I have orpington eggs (so brown), some light colored, dark colored, and/or colored would be greatly appreciated. I would love a variety, but I will not be picky with the person(s) being generous enough to share their eggs with me.

Anyone willing to help me out?

Thanks, and God bless!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  2. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you want to try some duck eggs? They are white, the shells are a bit stronger than a chicken egg. Just let me know.

3. ShadyGlade

ShadyGlade Chillin' With My Peeps

I can't get the link to work to see the ornaments [​IMG] what size eggs do you need? And what color? I might be able to send some as long as you don't need them hollowed out I HATE emptying eggs.

4. eastTNchick

Apr 29, 2008
    Decatur, TN
    Harley's girl ~ I would love to try some duck eggs!!

Shadyglade ~ I'm looking for chicken eggs but would be willing to try something larger. I'll be grateful for any color! And no - you don't have to blow them out. I'll let my DH do that! [​IMG]

If you ladies would be kind enough to send me some, please PM me with the amount you need for S&H and I'll PM you my info.

Thank you so much!

5. eastTNchick

Apr 29, 2008
    Decatur, TN
    Sorry about the link. I'm not sure what happened, but I fixed it!

6. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    I can send you some

7. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

I also have blown out chicken eggs. If you would like I could send those. [​IMG] I have assorted colors in the ones that have been blown out. [​IMG]

8. eastTNchick

Apr 29, 2008
    Decatur, TN
    That would be wonderful! Please PM me with the shipping costs and I'll PM you my info! Thank you so much!!

9. eastTNchick

Apr 29, 2008
    Decatur, TN
    Harley's girl :

I also have blown out chicken eggs. If you would like I could send those. [​IMG] I have assorted colors in the ones that have been blown out. [​IMG]

I would love them! Do you think they'll ship OK? PM me with your shipping charges and paypal info and I'll send you my info in return! Thanks!​

10. joerogrz

joerogrz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    Loretto, TN
    Well, if the blown out eggs don't work for ya, I turn wooden eggs. Here is a dozen I made for someone on this site.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by