WTB or Looking: Lavender Amercuana Bantam hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by EweSheep, Feb 20, 2009.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    My friend Carla B from near Sullivan is looking for some Amercuana bantams in lavender color (or various colors) to hatch out. I will be doing the hatching for her and she will take the chicks after two days after hatching. The bantams must be of good quality for 4H and if they do win their class, they want to go all the way to the State Fair in Springfield, IL. I know lavender is not acceptable by the APA, I think! Nor is it recognized by the poultry association of USA.

Please do let me know how many eggs and cost and shipping. I will relay the information to her to see if she is interested. She has already paid me for a couple doz of eggs ahead of time so I will have to do the "finger walking".

(PS...that would fix my incubation fix I've got going on here while hubby's hours at work were cut back to two to three days a week UGH! Too bad I can not keep them!)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  2. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Good luck! If this were fall, I'd be able to help out. I'm getting some Bantam Lavender Ameraucana chicks from John Blehm in April...but obviously they won't be laying until late fall. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  3. cottagegarden

cottagegarden Eggistentialist

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA
    Sara has beautiful Lav Ameraucana Bantams and is a member of the ABC and a responsible, ethical breeder . Here is her site-
    http://coveredbridgepoultry.webs.com/bantamameraucanas.htm

It would be fun to show them just to make people wonder what they are and be amazed by the color. The Lav color is so much more beautiful in person. I think it is like egg color, just a little hard to get a good shot of.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Thanks I will PMed her! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by