WTB or Trade Colored Sebastopol Eggs

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by rivermedic, Mar 6, 2013.

1. rivermedic

rivermedic Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2012
    I have grey saddleback sebastopols and I 'm looking to add some more color to my flock. Please let me know if you are interested in trading a few eggs.

rivendellpoultryfarm@gmail.com

2. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

I have gray splash, and two whites out of blue parents, which might throw some blue/lilac if your want, I'd trade some eggs. None of mine have gray necks, just lots of splash and spots.

3. rivermedic

rivermedic Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2012
    PM sen. Anybody else?

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    River, nice to see you around again. Love your grey sb curlies. Hope you and the geese have done well this winter. Be careful who you trade eggs with as not everyone is honest about what color their birds are or what color the parent stock is they came from. [​IMG]

grey dilute is grey dilute and shouldnt be labeled anything else but such.

we however have true lilacs, true lavenders, true buffs, true greys and even blue.

5. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

Celtic, didn't you say the ones I got from you were out of some colors on one side? I was sure I had reread that when I was checking out my sebbies history last week. Am I wrong??? I think I still have that email.

6. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Nope, we discussed you getting color last year (would have been fall) and then you said you couldnt wait and for me to pick out from what was currently ready.

Those were from the ALL WHITE pens. Last year we had 4 white girls, 1 smooth 3 curly, plus two 100% white ganders (1 smooth, 1 curly)

Of the three curly 2 are color carriers and their color is DILUTE GREY, making the off spring who show any color from them dilute grey splash or dilute grey carriers if its a single or very few spots. The only way to be called splash is if they have an all over pattern ("splash" of color)

This is a dilute grey SPLASH girl from the same parents as your geese you bought from us. We had 2 hatch with this pattern, 1 smooth, 1 curly. The others had a few spots here and there making them dilute grey carriers. The girl below is in CO, the smooth went to TX.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

There is no way a dilute gret splash mated to a white can create anything but further diluted grey splash and white. They have NO blue and deffiently not a trace of lilac in their backgrounds.

7. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

Thank you for clairifying. I did make it clear to him that I had two whites and two gray splashes the eggs were coming from. Sorry to be mistaken about their parentage. ( )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by