WTB Partridge Ameraucana's or just pure blue egg laying Ameraucana's

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Roosterfry, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Roosterfry

Roosterfry Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2010
    North Mississippi
    Does anyone where I can find these or does anyone have some? Thank ya'll so much!

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    There are no such thing as partridge Ameraucanas, but any purebred Ameraucana does lay only blue eggs. [​IMG]

I'll have some hatching eggs available in a few weeks.

3. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    I have a mixed color pen of Ameraucana's not Easter Eggers However,my Marans are bunking with them for another week or so some chicks right now would also hatch as Olive Eggers...I can do eggs now with that possibility and I'm hatching both or later with just the Ameraucana's(white black and wheaten) Wheaten and Blue Wheaten Roos so some will hatch out true Wheaten/Blue Wheaten
    I also have a few of the Easter Eggers-aka what most call Ameraucana [​IMG] that are not hatchery stock in some unusual colors with a near wheaten Roo that will be available in a few weeks as well..all lay between blue and mint

4. jrsqlc

jrsqlc Obsessed with Peafowl

Dec 22, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    Ameraucanas also lay a green egg. Not a good trait, but they do.

We breed black and lavender ameraucanas. We cull heavily from 200-400 chicks a year to keep only 6-10 hens a 1-2 roos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

We currently have Black hatching eggs, A list for Lavenders, and Black split Lavender eggs will be good in a week or two.
    Please PM for more info

5. Roosterfry

Nov 26, 2010
    North Mississippi
    Quote:Maybe I was thinking about wheaten, I'm still new at this, I have a small flock of easter egger's that I ordered from cackle hatchery last year, and I'm suprisingly impressed with the large facial muffs, dark legs slate leggs, and pea combs and blue feathering. But mostly I'm just getting a drab olive egg that my wife doesn't really like. I have been getting one TRUE blue egg a few times a week. It has started a desire in me to get more! Ha I'm incubating everyone she lays, only problem she usually lays a double yolk, and I've heard those don't hatch well. I like wheaten as well and I would like for you to send me a friend request so I'll have ya'll's contact info.

6. Roosterfry

Nov 26, 2010
    North Mississippi
    Quote:Thank ya'll for the responses and pictures, I'm unfortunatley too familiar with the green egg, is anyone getting a egg that truely looks blue in natural light?

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is that blue enough? Don't have any "natural light" photos though. . . The closest is outdoors on a cloudy day

[​IMG]

8. jrsqlc

jrsqlc Obsessed with Peafowl

Dec 22, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    Blue eggs are the hardest things to take a good pic of.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Quote:That is so true!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by