WTB-pink egg layers-

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sonew123, Dec 11, 2009.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Ive only seen a handful of birds on here that lay nice pink pink eggs-anyone know where to get some? I may be interested now or in EALRY Spring. What birds lay them just EE's??

2. Atlchick

Atlchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2009
    Grayson, GA
    I have one EE hen that lays pink eggs. I also have another hen that lays a much darker pink egg, the only problem is...I can't figure out which one she is![​IMG] She's in the pen with 2 RIRs, 2 Delawares, 2 Golden Comets, and a White Leghorn - can't remember if anybody else is in there right now. I'll put more effort into identifying her and get back to you.

3. Tadpole

Tadpole Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2008
    Tylertown
    I would love to know too! I'd like to have some eggs or where I can get some also.

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Pink eggs are referred to with the easter egger 'breed'. However, it is basically just a pale brown egg and any brown egg layer can produce one. My orp eggs often look pink to me. I also had an easter egger who laid an egg that looked more mauve in color. Very pretty!

5. gocrow77

gocrow77 Crow's Nest

May 13, 2009
    Central MO
    Many of my light Brahmas lay pinkish eggs, you might give those a shot.

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Ill have to go back down to the coop and take pictures of the eggs I got this am-havent collected them yet as I know one more layer owes me one [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by