WTB - Polish, Tophats, Houdans - PLEASE HELP ME

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by arllcountrygirl, May 6, 2009.

1. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

We have had an extremely rough couple of weeks here on the farm. My DD who is 9 has lost her beloved lab of 8 yrs, and then last week we had a dog attack and they killed her pet duck and most of our turkeys and other ducks. Then last night we had a flood and the creek came up for the first time in yrs and flooded three of our pens. She lost all of her RIR chicks for 4-H. She is a tough girl and I feel for her - she is taking it better than I am but I want to do something for her.

She has a thing for Polish, houdans - anything with the froo froo hairdoos. She calls them all Spazzes b/c that is the name of her polish roo. I have a pair of houdans that she claims and would like to find her some more mottled houdans or any color in polish - can be frizzle. [​IMG]

Thanks Amanda

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
  2. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    So sorry about all the bad things going on. It's terrible to lose even one pet, but to lose so many is really sad. I don't know where to find the Houdans, but wanted you and your DD to know that we are thinking of you.
    * Hugs* [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

3. arllcountrygirl

Thanks - My hubby says this place is cursed. [​IMG]
    I have always had animals but have never lost them like we have in the two years that we have lived here. [​IMG]

4. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    So sorry to hear about your farm....I don't have houdans, but I would love to ship your DD some good RIR eggs from healthy fertile birds. I will pay for the shipping if she would like to have some more. I know how much my granddaughter loves her chickens when she comes out to our farm. She shows hers at the fair every year. Just let me know if she would like some eggs!..[​IMG]
    Vickie

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  5. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    There were some pretty ones at the auction I went to over the weekend. There's some for sale about an hour from me but I'm way over here in VA [​IMG].

Sorry to hear about all your losses [​IMG]. [​IMG]

6. arllcountrygirl

Quote:Thanks [​IMG]
    I will ask her. She was suppose to show these at the fair. [​IMG]

7. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I will have bantam houdans this fall...

8. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I bought my Polish hatching eggs from chickenzoo - she packed very well. Mine is just a baby, so I can't sell you any, but you may want to check with her. She has quite a variety of Polish and Sultans, too. Good luck!

9. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    My Houdan hens are just beginning to lay. I should have some by the end of the month. Mine are Standard and my Rooster has been shown and was BV & BB

10. arllcountrygirl

Quote:k- keep me in mind.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by