WTB: Porcelain D'Uccles, Barred Hollands, BLRW and...

Laingcroft

Songster
8 Years
Nov 22, 2011
I'm keeping my eye on the auctions but for anyone who sells direct or likes pre-orders, I'm looking for breeder stock hatching eggs in these varieties: in banties - Porcelain D'Uccles and White Showgirls (bowtie or totally necked neck); in large fowl/standard chickens - blue laced red wyandotte, barred hollands, lavender orpingtons and blue wheaten ameraucanas.

When I mention breeder stock, I'm not looking for exhibition perfection but I do want to see the following in the parents:

BLRW - pale blue is okay, but red must be deep brown/mahogany and good solid wyandotte type
Barred Holland - traditional type of good size, lays white eggs (would love to find North Holland Blues with white legs, but I don't think they are available in US)
Lavender Orpington - solid orpington type
Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas - deep blue feathering in the breeding roo, nice lacing in the hens, good type, no wattles on male (or very minimal) and LOVE a fuzzy face face particularly if muff on males is deep blue/slate, true blue eggs (no EEs or Olive Eggers - have plenty of these)

Showgirls - lots of fluff!
lol.png
clean dark skin, proper "walnut" comb, correct number of toes
Porcelain d'uccles - love pale blue tint correct or not, good porcelain feather patterning, nice five point comb on boys, more FUZZY face (sense a pattern here? LOL) decent but not excessive leg feathers. would LOVE to find some of the golden neck birds too!

Preferred time frame is mid January through mid March if possible.

Note: I am located in Virginia.

Last edited:
big_smile.png
I have a self blue porcelin d'uccles roo he is just gorgeous, I got a pair spring and lost my hen early summer, and so I decided to not replace her but just keep my self blue OE, I have a hen sitting on 7 eggs and 7 eggs in the bator now, I am going to have new years babies, but if your interested in the little roo let me know, I ship. If you email me I can send you photo of him [email protected]
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom