WTB: Pullets Near Chicagoland/NW Indiana

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by LanaBat, Jul 29, 2010.

1. LanaBat

LanaBat Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2010
    Hobart, IN
    I am looking to start my very first flock! I am specifically located in Hobart, IN, but I am definitely willing to travel up to 2 or 3 hours out if you've got what I am looking for.

I am looking for pullets, and interested in friendly laying breeds who can be a part of the family while providing us with delicious, fresh eggs. They will be pets, and never raised for meat.

My breed interests are:
    Easter Eggers
    Delawares
    Orpingtons
    RIR
    Silver and/or Golden Laced Wyandottes
    White Leghorns
    Dominiques
    Faverollers

And possibly Sebrights and Silkies! [​IMG] Just cuz they are so darn cute!

I am also willing to go with other recommendations! Thank you~!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  2. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Hi! [​IMG]
    I think I got what you need, I am 1 hour and 45 min NW from Chicago, on Mapquest it says you are 2 1/2 hours away. I have lots of pullets, Barred Rocks, RIR, EEs and others. How many are you interested in?

3. LanaBat

Jul 28, 2010
    Hobart, IN
    Heya! [​IMG]
    That's great! Not far at all! [​IMG] I'm looking at possibly getting a flock of five or six. I may be purchasing 2-3 SL Wyandottes from someone else an hour and a half out in IL. I'm really interested in having some EE's! So I'm looking for possibly another 2-3 to complete the flock, if the SLW's work out. How old are your available EE's right now?

4. blue fire

blue fire Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I wish you lived closer... I have 6 layers no younger than a year old and a year old EE who is currently laying. They need to find a good home.

5. LanaBat

Jul 28, 2010
    Hobart, IN
    Oh, man. I wish I would've known when I was driving back up from Texas a little while ago, LOL. Coulda made a little detour from Memphis. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by