WTB Pumpkin Hulsey Gamefowl

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by nick77, Jun 20, 2011.

1. nick77

nick77 Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2009
    new hampshire
    I'm looking for some new Pumpkin blood. I'd like to buy some birds not from Greenfire farms bloodlines. If you've got a pair or trio to part with I'd be interested. Thanks

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I don't have birds to part with but would be glad to fill an order for hatching eggs for you...If you're interested, please let me know. THanks and have a blessed day. My stock is 100% Greenfire...Nancy

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  3. nick77

May 12, 2009
    new hampshire
    I appreciate your response. I actually have some pumpkins from Greenfire. I was just looking to add some "new blood" to the mix. Do you see any harm in close inbreeding? I have one roo two hens and some little ones I was thinking of breeding back to their parents. Thanks, Nick

4. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'm sorry Nick....I should have read more carefully. If I were you I'd set up two lines. One with the "main" rooster and his female children and the other with Sons of the hens in another pen. Actually you could do three pens, but that might be hard for you to identify which belonged to whom. Extra sons (keep 2 as backup and sell the others).

Then as you see you need new blood down the road, you could get eggs or other birds as needed. My husband is better at explaining how to do this set up, but I hope I'm clear. Thanks and have a blessed day. Nancy

5. nick77

May 12, 2009
    new hampshire
    So, one pen, roo' and his daughters, and the second pen, mother(s), and son(s)? Then who would you pair those offspring with? The young from the opposite pen?

6. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Yes, you've got it...

7. nick77

May 12, 2009
    new hampshire
    Thanks again, I appreciate it. Nick

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by