WTB Red Dorking chicks in Louisiana

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by skennedy, Jun 17, 2008.

1. skennedy

skennedy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Denham Springs, LA
    Does anyone have Red Dorking chicks for sale? Do you know where I might find them?[​IMG]

2. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    If you dont mind hatching eggs yourself you can try Ebay, theres a gal who has fertile eggs (not sure if she has any listed right now or not). My wife has had luck dealing with her. I beleive she's in Arizona.

3. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  4. skennedy

Apr 17, 2008
    Denham Springs, LA
    Quote:Bought 12 from her, she shipped 30, 24 not broken, 4 hatched. None of the others showed any development. [​IMG]

Hatch rate WAY too low to try again. That is why I am searching for chicks.

By the way, when I hatched my own eggs I get a constant +90% hatch rate. I don't know what the PO does to the eggs but the hatch rate drops tremendously. [​IMG]

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Same here... 0% HR on the first set, even though I set 6 in the hatcher - all died without pipping. I'm on my second set now, due next Thursday, and there's a few developing quite nicely though that still doesn't mean they'll hatch. I have one RD chick from another set of eggs that came from someone in MI, and I'm hoping for at least one more of the opposite sex. [​IMG]

That's why I asked if you had SGD chicks [​IMG] Thanks~

SandHill is the only place I've seen chicks, and they're done for the season... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  6. skennedy

Apr 17, 2008
    Denham Springs, LA
    Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Same here... 0% HR on the first set, even though I set 6 in the hatcher - all died without pipping. I'm on my second set now, due next Thursday, and there's a few developing quite nicely though that still doesn't mean they'll hatch. I have one RD chick from another set of eggs that came from someone in MI, and I'm hoping for at least one more of the opposite sex. [​IMG]

That's why I asked if you had SGD chicks [​IMG] Thanks~

SandHill is the only place I've seen chicks, and they're done for the season... [​IMG]

Well, of the 4 I have I am hoping for at least one rooster so I can get a decent flock on the way. Then I will be able to offer some chicks and help repopulate the breed.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by