WTB: RIR or Jersey Giants

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Miss Red, May 12, 2010.

1. Miss Red

Miss Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Trinity, Texas
    Looking for some Rhode Island Red or Jersey Giant chicks, non hatchery stock, in the local area or willing to ship. Will not be able to get them until the first of June but I figured I'd start the search now.

Also looking for anyone with Guineas in the local area, looking to get one or two for alarm raisers in the coop.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. Savannah Poultry

Savannah Poultry The Source

Mar 29, 2010
    Lakeview, OR
    I'll have rhode island reds available in about 4 weeks.

3. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    I am intersted in your reds if they are non hatchery stock. Can you tell me where you got your start with your breeders? Pictures would be great also. I am looking for the dark mohagany colored birds with good APA standard type.

I think that is what the OP was looking for as well.

4. Savannah Poultry

Mar 29, 2010
    Lakeview, OR
    I don't know where they came from. O bought them from someone that didn't want them. Here's a picture

[​IMG]

5. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    I would be careful about representing those as NON hatchery stock. The OP (Miss Red) was requesting non hatchery stock RIR and Giants, I am not sure yours fit that bill. I would take another look at them if I were you and you have a desire to build a business around hatching eggs and chicks.

You might have others give you some input but I see hatchery type and color.

6. Savannah Poultry

Mar 29, 2010
    Lakeview, OR
    Oh I am so sorry! I didn't know honestly. That's why I posted pics. I was just trying to help. But thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it! Sorry if I wasted your time miss red!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by