WTB: Russian Orloff and/or Speckled Sussex eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BeardedLadyFarm, Dec 17, 2009.

1. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    I'm looking to had a few Orloffs or Sussex to my flock in the spring. I would be looking for eggs in early March.

I'm in Philadelphia, and can travel within reason to pick up eggs, or shipping is also an option.

Thanks!
    Bailey

2. PaintedGemsRanch

PaintedGemsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Hamilton, Georgia
    Bargain has SS... Her roo is SOOOOOOO stunning!!! I have some of her babies running around my brooder as we speak!! If you see a pic of her roo it doesnt do him justice!! (hes just that pretty)

3. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

We will have Speckled Sussex when you are ready for them, ours just finished molting and are laying very well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steve in NC

4. mylittlezoo

mylittlezoo Poppy Creek Farm

Mar 16, 2009
    GA
    I also have Bargain's SS ... they're stunning. Their markings are beautiful and they have the best personalities.

5. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I will also have Speckled Sussex eggs in the Spring $15.00 a dozen plus actuall shipping charges to your zip code. PM me if you would like to be put on my list.

Here are some of mine

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  6. BeardedLadyFarm

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    Thanks for the leads!

These pics are making me itch for spring already. I don't want to deal with chicks in the freezing cold, so I'll have to hold off, but I know where to look now!

I'm trying to think who I can part with in the coop out there to make room for new chicks!

Thanks again,
    Bailey

7. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Good choice, it would best to wait until spring anyway, I told myself I wasn't going to hatch during the winter but I have someone making me a really good deal on really rare breeds so, I think I'll be setting in another week or two.

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:You said Sussex OR Orloff--why not BOTH? LOL I'll have Orloff and LIGHT Sussex eggs in the spring.

9. BeardedLadyFarm

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    Quote:You said Sussex OR Orloff--why not BOTH? LOL I'll have Orloff and LIGHT Sussex eggs in the spring.

You people are the biggest bunch of enablers!

In the subject, I did say "and/or," and by that I meant and. and... and.......

It seems that I've found some really nice sources for both, in addition to the Marans, Olive Egger, Ameraucanas, Welsummers and Barnevelders I'm already planning on hatching. Someone please stop me now.

10. RockyMeadowsPreservation

RockyMeadowsPreservation New Egg

Apr 29, 2010
    Hello I am looking for some russian orloff eggs or chicks! If anyone knows where I can find some please let me know. I had a coon the other night wipe out my entire flock. Along with my Speckled Sussex, and Favorolles. Thank You in advance.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by