WTB: Russian Orloff Hatching Eggs

I got mine from scbirdfarm....they look real nice, much nicer than the hatchery pullets I got....still growing out but the hatchery birds have waaay too much white and his don't
big_smile.png

Quote:
I have spangled and cuckoo Orloffs, and I'm working on crele...but I don't have hatching eggs available. I just wanted to post a note about the white on the Spangled Orloffs...they'll continue to change color for well over a year.
thumbsup.gif

Here's what 1 of my roos looked like as a chick:
13587_hpim0342.jpg

And here he is at 10 months old:
13587_april_27_2010_026.jpg

Thank you! Very pretty birds
smile.png

I see that you're in Michigan. One of the reasons for my wanting to get these particular birds is that I've heard they are cold hardy, and I'll assume that's true as you live in one of the colder states.

Last edited:
I'm scared that they'll be all DEAD if I order chicks... so this seemed most logical! I won't feel as bad if the eggs don't hatch...lol

Quote:
I have spangled and cuckoo Orloffs, and I'm working on crele...but I don't have hatching eggs available. I just wanted to post a note about the white on the Spangled Orloffs...they'll continue to change color for well over a year.
thumbsup.gif

Here's what 1 of my roos looked like as a chick:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/13587_hpim0342.jpg

And here he is at 10 months old:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/13587_april_27_2010_026.jpg

good to know, I will keep my girls for a while to see how they turn out
wink.png
They aren't as typey as the ones I got from Terry, their beaks don't have the hook like they are supposed to....will give them a while though
big_smile.png

Wolfwoman...my Orloffs are very cold hardy. They actually seem to thrive more in the colder months than in the hot heat we've had this week. I had to keep their pens misted to keep them from overheating. They're truly amazing birds, to say the least.

klf74...definitely hold onto yours for a while. They just get better the older they get. But at a pretty young age (around 8 weeks) you actually can make first culls based on body type. But I wouldn't cull for color until at least a year...they change just about every week.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom