WTB: show qual RIR and BR hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Tsagirl, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    I am getting rid of all my hatchery hens and am wanting to start over with my show hens. Alas, I have sold my most important hens that were pretty darn good layers but I dont want those hatchery stock birds...I want my kids(who are 4-Hers) to do some shows with the chickens we hatch! [​IMG]

Please if you have great quality birds not from any kind of hatchery lines please let me know!!! [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mostly looking for RIR and Barred Rock eggs.

I will be needing them at the end of May after I hatch the eggs I have in there now.
    [​IMG]

Theresa and kiddos
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Geareduplyn on this board has some good ones. I hatched a few of his. Adrian Rademacher (a search for minnesota and his name will get you his number) has some good ones. I think he is still hatching. Joel Gilman in VA. has some good ones. Greg Chamness in ILL has some very good ones. I am not sure if he is still shipping or not I know he has a number of orders.

PM me if you need contacts.

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I have the Barred Rocks...just waiting on them to start laying now! LOL!

I could save up some eggs from the one hen that's laying. But it would be at least 12 days before I could get 1 dozen to you.

4. Tsagirl

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    all good! anyone else? [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    I'll give you RIR eggs come the end of may, just pay the shipping..Same to you rodriguez, Are you ready for eggs?

6. Tsagirl

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Thank you to everyone....I have some awsome RIR and BR to get at the end of May!!!!

I might be needing different kinds of birds soon......

thanks!

7. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Hi, I have great looking Barred Rocks and then a non production Rhode Island Red called pure Mahogany. They just glisten in the sunlinght like glazed Mahogany.

I know that the term show quality is a variable one - it's in the "eye of the beholder" but I have had individuals buy my RIR eggs for that person

Here's a picture of some of them:
    [​IMG]

Please let me know if you are interested in either of them.

Barred Rocks are $24 a dozen shipped (including priority shipping and tracking number)

Pure Mahogany RIRs are $30 a dozen shipped (including priority shipping and tracking number)

I should have eggs through the end of May but to reserve the Mahogany RIR's you may want to paypal for deposit. These eggs sell so quickly...

Thanks and have a blessed day.

8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quote:You betchy!!!!! [​IMG]

9. lostsoulhelpmejebus

lostsoulhelpmejebus Incubating Fool

Sep 23, 2008
    Roanoke, Illinois
    Quote:I am trying to do the same! The hatchery birds lay just fine but they do not look a thing like the RIR my grandma had. I am hoping to get some possible SQ birds so that my grandchildren ( who are city kids ), might have the possibility of showing them at the local county fair. When my kids were young and at home they both were in 4-H and both had the opportunity to show at State. I too was in 4-H when young but I didn't quite make the grade to go to state...LOL

10. aberfitch

aberfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas Fort Worth
    hey ! can I get in on that deal? Pine Grove?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by