WTB: Silkie Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by riftnreef, Nov 25, 2009.

1. riftnreef

riftnreef Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2009
    Mechanicsburg, Ohio
    I'm looking for some Silkie eggs, but I want solid white birds...good enough quality for showing at county fair level preferably. Will have the bator empty by Dec. 10th.

2. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    i can help. i have 4 lovely sq hens and a show dog rooster. i can send how ever many they lay in four days and you would have them by day seven of being laid. i am in tenn. 2.00 per egg, plus shipping. i can send pics of parents if you need me to. i just hatched 10 out of 11 eggs from them. two were 9 days old and they hatched, i dated them all. so fertility shouldnt be a problem. the one that didnt hatch did have a chick inside, they are fed 21% layer, 3 way scratch, and free range a few hrs in the evening. plus treats. just let me know, i only ship on mon,tues and wed. thanks tim...............

3. riftnreef

Oct 27, 2009
    Mechanicsburg, Ohio
    Sounds great. I have some Serama eggs in the bator now, and I want to make some modifications when they are done...I will let the Mrs. and daughter know we have a source, and I will get back with you as soon as my Serama's hatch, or don't hatch to start the ball rolling. I will keep your sn handy and PM you then....[​IMG]

4. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Quote:babymakes5 just hatched one of my Serama eggs, so I know it's possible. I've had no luck so far, so [​IMG]

5. riftnreef

Oct 27, 2009
    Mechanicsburg, Ohio
    So far its looking good...I had to remove the one egg...but the rest are developing on pace and moving around. I borrowed a camera to take some pics should it happen...and i have a fan kit rigged and ready to put in the incubator for batch two...[​IMG]

6. cjexotic

cjexotic Cj's Mandarin Ducks

Mar 11, 2008
    Central PA
    I also have White silkie eggs available.
    Will have new website with new pictures up by the days end.
    Let me know if you are interested. Also $2 per egg plus shipping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by