WTB: silkies, and high producing brown egg layers -- Southwestern VA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by carinlynchin, Apr 13, 2009.

1. carinlynchin

carinlynchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    I am located in Hillsville, VA

I am wanting most likely 1 or 2 silkies (preferably hand raised for tameness and egg laying age...but chicks acceptable as well.)

I want the silkies mostly for the kids to pet etc (i heard they are the dogs of the chicken world) but I also want some high producing yet gentle chickens. I just lost my only 2 golden comets (sexlinks) I had. They were okay to catch but didn't fight when you held them and laid at least 1 brown egg a day. I'd like to duplicate that. They were our first chickens so they are all we know when it comes to docileness...

I will pick up if its local and maybe order from farther away if the shipping doesn't cost too much. THanks

2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I have three white silkie chicks available. I live 15 minutes away from Hagerstown, MD.

3. carinlynchin

Feb 18, 2009
    How many do you have to ship. I only wanted 2 maximum but was hoping for each of a different color....I just came back from being in maryland for 10 days...darn ....if only I knew...

How much would shipping cost?

4. janieschicks

janieschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    berkeley springs
    hi I have golden comets ready to hatch in 14 days. im 30 min from winchester va. I get one extra large egg per day from each of my hens. They started laying at 4 months old.

janie

5. carinlynchin

Feb 18, 2009
    Quote:I just saw that its four hours from me....I'd rather pick up locally...but thanks.

are rhode island reds nice too? I saw some at tractor supply

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  6. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Sorry, but I don't ship chicks or adults. I'd feel horrible if they didnt survive the trip. There's a chickenstock next Saturday in Martinsburg, WV. I'm sure you could find silkies there. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by