wtb silkies Oregon/Washington

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by 2hot2chicken, Dec 1, 2011.

1. 2hot2chicken

2hot2chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    i WANT:
    For me.....
    Araucana/Ameraucana if they are out of blue egg layers only
    (interested in bright blue eggs only not green or pink)
    Prefer hens or pullets but would take chicks to.

For a good price for daughter to start her own small flock:
    SQ/BQ silkies (1 roo/2-4 hens) for 4h breeding project and for showing in 4h

Young silkies/chicks that are good lines and look promising.

~Young unproven or Older pair is fine also
    ~ All colors except b/b/s considered please unless they are SQ then we might be open to em

Horrible story recently:
    My daughter is 7 and very mature/old for her age (acts 17 at times) and very responsible.
    Even though she is very responsible I am aware of my daughters age and I am right there the whole time helping her with her pets!

We were told by a breeder (I will not name because I will not start trash on here, I hate drama) that a 7 year old showing in 4h is a waste of a good SQ bird and they refused to sell a SQ bird they had for sale to her at the "4h" discount % offered on a different PQ bird they had because they wanted that SQ bird to stay and be shown by them or sold to a home who would show it circuit or a "REAL BREEDING PROGRAM" as they put it.

I do not mean we wanted a SQ bird for a PQ bird price. I mean they refused to give her the 10% off they told her for 4h discount and then they told her they couldn't sell her that SQ bird because it was to good for her, in a different way that confused her luckily so she didn't understand but I did. And I flipped a lid.

Its a little hurting to be told that 4h isnt worthy of the same good quality as circuit shows are. I think they were more affraid the bird would be neglected by a kid and a good SQ bird woud sit in our yard and rott though that is not the case..... And I explained that to them.
    My daughter was a little upset about it but she luckil didn't quite understand why he wouldn't sell her the bird she liked. She just was more upset I wouldn't let her get any birds I think.....

She is currently doing extra chores and working hard for the neighbors and family to earn money for her own flock of silkies for 4h
    We will be able to help her out some $ as well but 4h discounts appreciated for above WANT silkies. (Arau/Ameraucanas not for 4h their mine )
    DH is building her a very nice small coop/run of her own for xmas for her project. So most/all of the bird cost will be up to her on her own.

Thank You

2. NightsInWhiteSilkies

NightsInWhiteSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2011
    Ive ordered 25 silkies that are 1 day old and will be arriving in the morning. I live in Vancouver,Washington. If your interested in 4 of them let me know. They were purchased thru Privett hatchery and had their merricks shots. I need to know though within the next 24 hours as I have someone who is interested in 21 of them and Im keeping 4 of them so I will tell them I want 8 instead and you can have 4 of them and Ill sell her the remainder 17.
    Obviously I cant tell you if their male or female though. [​IMG]
    If any of mine turn out to be male you can take them if youd like as Ill be then looking for a home for the males when that time comes.
    Ill even throw in a couple of days of baby chick feed.
    Pm me if your interested!
    You can have the chicks for free to your daughter for the horrible experience she to deal with that you posted and hopefully it will cheer her up! Tell her Santa has a gift for her early for being a good lil trooper![​IMG]
    Hugs!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  3. 2hot2chicken

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    While I do really appreciate your offer we already have some hatchery stock silkies that are a few months old and I am not in the position to take in any more birds to feed that are not either egg machines or that are not high enough quality for her to be able to breed and show. That is very generous of you to offer and again I thank you for your willingness to help get my daughter going.

4. NightsInWhiteSilkies

NightsInWhiteSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2011
    No worries at all! I felt for your situation and knew they werent exactly what your interested in but felt the need to try and help if I could.
    I hope it works out for you two and the best of luck to you!

5. SimplySplendidSilkies

SimplySplendidSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Adairsville, GA
    Where is Beaverton?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  6. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Near Portland Oregon.

7. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    I got her taken care of, Letisha. She now has a nice pair of whites.... one of my white breeder hens and a nice cockerel from this year (I didn't keep any white boys this year because I have so many nice cocks at this time in white)

8. 2hot2chicken

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    Yep got great pair from Ultasol so we got it taken care of......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by