WTB -Silver Appleyard Duck Hatching Eggs - Oregon

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by deenamr, May 10, 2009.

1. deenamr

deenamr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2008
    Central Oregon
    Want to buy Silver Appleyard Duck Eggs to hatch. Please contact me if you have any available.

Thanks - Deena

2. offshorewife

offshorewife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2008
    North Louisiana
    Looking for these as well. Did you find any?
    Thank you

3. deenamr

deenamr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2008
    Central Oregon
    I haven't found any yet - had some on ebay over the weekend but I was hoping to get them from someone on byc. I pm missprissy about hers and she said they are not laying well right now but that I could keep checking back. I did get some swedish blue crested instead but the silver appleyards are still number one on my wish list. Check ebay on Fri - I think that is when those people usually put up their listing. Good luck - If I find any I'll let you know.

4. offshorewife

Jun 13, 2008
    North Louisiana
    I'll keep looking as well. I've looked on eggbid but they dont have any up currently. If I find some i'll let you know as well.

5. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Miss Prissy has Silver Appleyard ducks.

6. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
  7. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
  8. MikkeyP

MikkeyP Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    I also have some large silver appleyard duck eggs for sale. I am getting two per day also. Ours are originally from Holderrod's stock and are high show quality ducks stock. We also the mini silver appleyards, but they are not laying well right now. The mini's fly around the yard but pretty much stick close. The kids just sold all the ducklings at the swap today, despite the bitter wind and snow flurries...UGH!!! Our fingers were numb. They did real well. People LOVE the ducks and they are really gorgeous. I can get pictures on here tomorrow if you want.
    Mikkeyp

9. offshorewife

Jun 13, 2008
    North Louisiana
    Thanks everyone for your response. I would love some mini's. Do you think they will start laying better this fall? I've run out of time for eggs right now because we are going on vacation june 22nd-28th. After that I will be looking for some for the bator again. Thanks.
    Nicole

10. newmaineguide

newmaineguide New Egg

Nov 22, 2008
    Maine
    There are hatching eggs available on ebay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by