WTB silver phoenix eggs. will trade ivory jewelry

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by KattyKillFish, Apr 3, 2009.

1. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    i am looking for some new blood. i have bought a dozen from another person and they re due to hatch on the 10th. i have 1 male coming in from McMurray along with other breeds. I'm a bit short on money as i have just bough a bunch or feed for the quail and some building supplies. if you are interested i can and will trade off some of my ivory carvings & jewelry for the eggs. just follow the link in my signature. [​IMG]

since i was a kid i've wanted a breeding flock of phoenix, they are a personal favorite of mine. anyone? [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  2. KattyKillFish

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    still looking for those eggs guys... nobody? ANYBODY???

i can pay for shipping and still send the jewelry

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  3. KattyKillFish

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    [​IMG] just got some money today. any phoenix owners out there?

4. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Hey Katty,
    How's the weather up there? I just moved down here to Alabama a year and a half ago from Kodiak and they have been getting snow the last few days.

I have a trio of Silver Phoenix, a trio of Single Combed Gold Phoenix and 3 Rose Combed Gold hens with 2 Rose Combed Gold Phoenix roos. I have them separated in case anyone wanted a certen type. Two of my Rose Combs are broody right now and setting on eggs that should hatch this week and next. I have never shipped eggs before but I have bought shipped eggs many times so I kinda know how to do it.

How long do you think it would take eggs to get to you where your at? I know it took about 7-10 days on average to get mail to Kodiak when we lived there. How often are the mail flights out of Anchorage to you?

I checked out your jewelry and they looked nice.

Jayare

Are your flights still delayed due to the Volcano?

5. KattyKillFish

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    i've ordered eggs from plaves like Rhode Island and they got here within 2 days with no problem, and all eggs were sent on a monday... also, the volcano has been effecting the mail, so it's more like i'm buying/trading them now and having them sent up later on this month.... i hear Kodiak is awesome although i've never been there! it's finally warming up. in the last week i think we got something ridiculous like 8 feet... it's all melting now. hopefully it won't get cold again. it sure is funny to see people get stuck in our driveway [​IMG]

anyhow, are you interested? i'd really like some of your silver phoenix to add to the ones that are hatching on the 10, and the one male i'll be getting the week of may 19. how much do you want for them? i'd be happy to send you a ring or whatever else if you'd like [​IMG]

6. laurielynn67

laurielynn67 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    Bryant, Ia
  7. KattyKillFish

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    cool! thanks a bunch. i'll consider it if i can't get the ones from Jayare's Chicks.

8. Jayare's Chicks

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Hello Katty,
    I only have 2 Silver hens and 1 Silver Roo right now so I wouldn't be able to send you many eggs at a time to ensure a good hatch rate. I can send you 4 to 6 at a time as they lay them and send them to you at different times like every 3 weeks so you can have the previous batch hatched before putting in the next shipment if you'd like.

I forgot to mention my Silvers are also Rose Combed. Those might be better suited for you up there in Alaska because the Single Combs may get frost bite easier.

Here is pic of my Silvers and a pic of my Golds. You can probably notice one of my Gold Roos is actually a black breasted red and the other 2 roos in the background are his offspring and they are more blonde/gold looking.

(Here is my Silvers)
    [​IMG]

(Here are my Golds)
    [​IMG]

Jayare

9. KattyKillFish

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    wow! your hens are so pretty! you've got a deal [​IMG] it'll keep me busy all spring and summer and i'll always have something to look forward too. what/how much would i owe you for a dozen?

10. Jayare's Chicks

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Katty,
    PM me your mailing address and I'll send you the 1st batch out next Monday the 13th.

Jayare

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by