Wtb some brown leghorn Hatching eggs Ga.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by davidb, Jan 2, 2010.

1. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    My hens have started laying and Im looking for some brown leghorn eggs to put under her 10 to 12 Thanks

2. The Chickinn

The Chickinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    near SF, CA
    rose comb or single comb? Darn Brown Leghorn eggs or Light Brown Leghorn eggs?

3. davidb

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    Single comb.

4. The Chickinn

Sep 28, 2008
    near SF, CA
    Oh, sorry, then, I only have rose comb berown leghorns. Also, do you want the DARK or LIGHT brown leghorn variety?

5. davidb

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    I tried to p.m you but your box was full, I did save your web site, But I would really like to find some closer than calf. That's a long way to ship to Ga. I would prefer straight comb, But what Im looking for is any color except white, I free range 100% and white gives the airborne predators to much of a heads up. So the comb type and color is flexible.

6. The Chickinn

Sep 28, 2008
    near SF, CA
    Yes, I understand what you mean by white giving the predators a heads-up, I lost my whole white egg laying flock to bobcats becaus ethe white leghorns stood out too much. OK, well, my chickens are Rose Comb Brown Leghorns. I am willing to do business with you in the Spring(my chickens ahve not layed eggs since October) so they shou.ld be starting back up, but I would say that just to be safe, I could probably sell chicks to you in April, also I just emptied my inbox out, so you can PM me now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by