WTB SQ Rosecomb RIR

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by yotetrapper, Mar 21, 2009.

1. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Anyone on here breeding any?

2. greg chamness

greg chamness New Egg

Feb 26, 2009
    Illinois
    Do you want Bantam or Large Fowl?

3. yotetrapper

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Large fowl

4. greg chamness

greg chamness New Egg

Feb 26, 2009
    Illinois
    Sorry I can't help I have Bantams

5. Brick243

Brick243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southeast Oklahoma
    I have a young roo and hen that just started laying. I am going to build up my flock right now. They are out of Bamachickens flock. 2 out of the 7 eggs that hatched were rosecomb. I don't believe she has the RIR"s any more.

Frizzledhen has Rosecomb RIR's.

6. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    If you go to Crohio.com and then to the Rhode Island reds forum you will find a thread that has a name or two for very good Rose Comb rhode Island reds.

I dont have the contact information but could probably find them. One is Warren Carlow. I know he is a APA judge and I beleive in the northeast maybe conn. Ther other is D hortsman in Pennsylvania. I dont know either person or flock but a person posted on there for some RC and these names came up

Good luck

7. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    they are very hard to find...good luck. We ask around at chicken shows and find chickens we need by word of mouth, or you could check out poultry press. If we still had ours I would pass them on......

8. billruble20002000

billruble20002000 New Egg

Jul 12, 2008
    I do have some dard red rose comb RIR's. I would like to trade a rooster for another rooster that was not related. Mine are still chicks so chicks would bel fine. E mal me at [email protected]

9. lostsoulhelpmejebus

lostsoulhelpmejebus Incubating Fool

Sep 23, 2008
    Roanoke, Illinois
    Quote:I bought eggs from Dick Horstman who is from PA off of eggbid, they are SQ and he has won at various shows with them. Mine are almost 4 months old but are not laying yet. Great color and type...all like to be picked up and handled, very good dispositions. Would recommend purchasing from Mr. Horstman, I believe his seller name on eggbid is dickschicks.

10. yotetrapper

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    I bought some eggs from frizzledhen on here. Was very happy with the deal, but I lost some along the way, so I may need to order some more LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by