WTB Standard Brown Egg laying Pullets in East TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by LisaTN, Sep 9, 2008.

1. LisaTN

LisaTN New Egg

Sep 9, 2008
    Sevierville, TN
    Looking for a few gentle Standard size pullets or laying hens. New to chickens, started w/ 10 guineas this summer and would like to buy a few pullets to lay year round brown eggs and possibly sit on some guinea eggs next spring. Would love to find some Orpingtons or Doms but open to others! Thanks so much for looking

2. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Keep an eye on the Knoxville Craigslist farm and garden page. There are frequently chickens available there. Good luck in your search!

3. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    I have a few black sex links that are about 2 1/2 yrs old that still lay, also a few RIR x buff orp that are 1 1/2 yrs old. Let me know if you might be interested in them.

Other than that, if you can wait until later in the year when we head that way, I'll have several pure RIRs.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  4. LisaTN

LisaTN New Egg

Sep 9, 2008
    Sevierville, TN
    Thanks for the response. I am hoping to find some 6mo. or younger. Where are you located, I would be interested in some young RIRs.
    I started watching Craig's list and had just missed out on some Buff Orpingtons, unfortunately.

5. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    I am about 1 1/2 hrs in VA from Kingsport. If you wanted to meet me, I could get them to you in the next few weeks but don't really plan on coming that way until either one weekend in October or (hopefully) Nov. 8th.

6. LisaTN

LisaTN New Egg

Sep 9, 2008
    Sevierville, TN
    With my crazy work schedule it would be tough to go that far but if I haven't located any I would be interested when you come here.
    I went to the TN Valley fair last night hoping to find some but didn't see any for sale in the breeds I'd like. If there are any sales or auctions near here I would love to know!

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    There will be a bird show in COcke County 11/8/8. Maybe if you haven't found any then you can connect with someone there that will have some.
    And if not, you can meet some of us other local BYC folks!

8. tn.lou

tn.lou Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2008
    Dandridge,Tennessee
    How many pullets are you looking for.I may have what your looking for.If your intrerested i will pm you my phone number Lou

9. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    How far away from Florence Alabama are you? I have a couple BO chicks and some BO/RIR chicks to get rid of. I have lots of others I want to get rid of. These chicks are about 5 weeks old.

Jayare

10. LisaTN

LisaTN New Egg

Sep 9, 2008
    Sevierville, TN
    Thanks for the replies. I sent a PM to the Dandridge person. Would love to find some close by. Alabama is a long way but thanks.
    Will check out the Cocke County show, hopefully there will be Standard size also there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by