WTB Standard Salmon Faverolle Roo in Tx.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RendonRoo, Aug 31, 2009.

1. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    Still looking for a S.F. Rooster (Standard size) in Texas. I'm in Ft. worth but willing to travel. Will be traveling to Houston area in about 5 weeks and would be able to pick up. There has to be one somewhere in Texas but i haven't found him yet. If you or anyone you know can help please let me know. Thanks for your time.

2. LA~Poulet

LA~Poulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    near Lake Charles, LA
    We have 3 Std. Salmon faverolle roos, one is the proud flock leader, being the biggest & meanest, and another is our family favorite-he's the shortest but very friendly and my kids call him Mr. Nice Guy.

I would love to see our third roo go to a good home or breeding program as we don't have a need for him, you don't ever come to Louisiana, do you? He has good manners, but is underdog at the moment so he spends a lot of time hustling away from the other two roos.

3. RendonRoo

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    Do you know how far Lake Charles is from Ft. Worth? If not too far i might be able to come get him. Just looked it up that would be 800 miles round trip. Would you consider shipping if i paid the cost?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  4. LA~Poulet

LA~Poulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    near Lake Charles, LA
    Hopefully the link above will be able to help you!

Actually, I had a friend from Ft. Worth down a couple weeks ago-it's a solid 7 hour (+) trip. I'd rather not ship just because of my bad postal experiences in the past-if you don't find one elsewhere let me know. My in-laws are near Houston, it *might* be possible for us to travel up for a visit around the time you are coming down.

I'd love for him to have a good home that would help further the breed. Do you have a bunch of hens already?

5. RendonRoo

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    Thanks LA~Poulet, Yes i have 4 hens. I had a roo that was the same age but the heat got him several weeks ago. If Texasgal can't help me that could be a solution. I work the Texas Renissance Festival and will be in the Houston area every weekend from Sept. 10 thru Thanksgiving weekend. I will keep in touch and hopefully i can get a rooster one way or another. Thanks again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by