WTB Sussex eggs - any but speckled (they are easy to get!) - North GA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by LocoPollo, Nov 30, 2008.

1. LocoPollo

LocoPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    Looking for Sussex eggs - light, buff, silver, brown, anything but speckled. I have tried as many breeders and have heard nothing. If anyone has some or knows of someone selling, let me know! Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  2. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    Yup you and me both. Try Bill Bradens site. Landoftobe in OK. He has Light and offers eggs. You have to email him. I'm on his list for light and BLRW. Try Paul Bradshaw at Greenfire farms. You will pay through the nose for Silver. You need to order and then you will hear from him. They are beautiful birds! Got some Buffs comin from him. Dunroven on BYC got some Lights from him and may be selling eggs this spring but I think is offering trios. If you find some browns you should let me know! Yea I been doin my homework. Good Luck!

3. LocoPollo

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    Thanks! I have emailed landoftobe a couple of times and got no response. I ordered from greenfire several weeks ago, and never heard anything, even after trying to contact them through the website. Dunno why people don't return emails on their products. I am still looking though. I really love sussex.

4. JanieMarie

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    I would expect there's an extensive waiting list. You could be a pest. Just remember the squeakiest wheel gets the most oil!

5. LocoPollo

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    Talked to greenfire and all is well. There were just tech problems with the website. I am on the waiting list for spring so I am happy!

6. Big Blue

Big Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Quote:You are going to love your Sussex! What colors are you getting?

7. LocoPollo

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    I am getting light and buff trios. Then I am gonna save up forever and get the silver and coronation! LOL

8. Big Blue

Big Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Quote:Glad you found some. Good luck!

9. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

$750 for a trio of rare Sussex! GASP!!!!! [​IMG]

10. JanieMarie

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    Glad you finally heard from them! I'm really excited about this breed too. I'll be lookin forward to your posts!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by