1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WTB Tolbunt Polish

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by HenChezFarm, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Just lettin' you know there is no such thing as show quality Tolbunts in the US [​IMG] I've yet to see one with proper color, body, weight, etc.

I'll have eggs available in the spring though. [​IMG]

2. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:I see you are in Canada. I'm not sure of any Tolbunt breeders up there, but here in the States there are a few...and I mean FEW...breeders that have excellent Tolbunt Polish stock. Some breeders claim to have Tolbunt, but they are really in the mutt form as they have been haphazardly crossed and bred back to other color varieties of Polish in an attempt to improve color and fertility...often resulting in some Wonky looking birds that are not even remotely close to the Tolbunt standard. [​IMG] I've seen someone claiming to having Tolbunts, who posted a pic of their roo that had the worst looking comb on any Polish I'd ever seen, and colors that were just WRONG. Most people don't know the difference.

Don't buy Tolbunts from just anybody. You'll likely pay an arm and a leg for something that isn't worth the Tolbunt name. I'll PM you some info on quality breeders that are working hard toward the benefit of this breed. [​IMG] Getting them into Canada is another ordeal, so prepare yourself for that in advance.

3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Quote:I see you are in Canada. I'm not sure of any Tolbunt breeders up there, but here in the States there are a few...and I mean FEW...breeders that have excellent Tolbunt Polish stock. Some breeders claim to have Tolbunt, but they are really in the mutt form as they have been haphazardly crossed and bred back to other color varieties of Polish in an attempt to improve color and fertility...often resulting in some Wonky looking birds that are not even remotely close to the Tolbunt standard. [​IMG] I've seen someone claiming to having Tolbunts, who posted a pic of their roo that had the worst looking comb on any Polish I'd ever seen, and colors that were just WRONG. Most people don't know the difference.

Don't buy Tolbunts from just anybody. You'll likely pay an arm and a leg for something that isn't worth the Tolbunt name. I'll PM you some info on quality breeders that are working hard toward the benefit of this breed. [​IMG] Getting them into Canada is another ordeal, so prepare yourself for that in advance.

Yeah, you go,Muggs!!

[​IMG]

ANd THAT is my random nothing post of the day

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  4. aceschix

aceschix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire

Yeah, you go,Muggs!!

[​IMG]

ANd THAT is my random nothing post of the day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by