WTB Trout Runner Ducks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sagibaro, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Sagibaro

Sagibaro Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2009
    High Desert
    Badly wanted, as in "Let's raid Canada" and "How difficult can importing from England really be?"

Anybody got an idea of where these beauties can be found inside the United States? -- Holderreads is out, they got rid of their Trout stock last year. (Say it with me: Bah, Humbug!)

Looking for hatching eggs, ducklings, even mature ducks if they aren't too far away from sunny Southern California.

Thanks!

2. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Quote:There was lady here in MI that bought a bunch from Holderreads right before they sold out. One of my 4-H kids bought several from her, but sold a pair at fair, four more at a swap, lost one this winter to a predator and is down to one female and two males. They do get eggs though. I can also ask if they have the original breeders name and contact info, as she had a bunch. Very pretty birds. They would be coming from MI though.

3. Sagibaro

Jun 27, 2009
    High Desert
    [​IMG]

MI doesn't sound that far away, considering that I was researching air fare for quackers from the U.K. [​IMG] .

I should have phrased my original request better; I'll take hatching eggs and ducklings from wherever I can get them, but I had concerns about the hassles of shipping adults over great distances. If your 4H contact will sell me eggs, I'll be almost-impossible-to-live-with happy. If the original breeder is also willing to sell birds or eggs to me I will be impossible to live with! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks, Vicki, I appreciate this.

4. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Sure, give me a day or two to contact them and I will get back to you. Anything to feed the need! [​IMG]

5. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Soooooo, who is your favorite BYC member???????????????? [​IMG] Yep, that's right! It's me!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Her name is Diane, her email is [email protected], I also have a phone number if you want it. She has both blue trouts and grey runners. She does ship eggs but not ducklings. This was the breeder my 4-H'er got their ducks from.

Hmmm, now what was that finders fee???? [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Sagibaro

Jun 27, 2009
    High Desert
    Quote:Vicki, you are my all time favorite BYC member [​IMG]. I'd offer a kidney, but I'm not really sure what shape it's in right now...how about a spouse, very low mileage? My undying and eternal gratitude? Hatching eggs? Cinnamon rolls?

Thank you so very much!

7. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Quote:
    Hmmm, I will pass on the kidney and the spouse! Mine is enough trouble!! [​IMG] Hatching eggs or cinnamon rolls? Wow, you know me so well!! [​IMG] [​IMG] Nah, just glad I could help. I am a terrible enabler! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by