WTB True Ameraucana Chicks or eggs and Bantam Cochin TN/KY/AL chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by HBuehler, Jan 18, 2010.

1. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    Looking to add a few more true Ameraucana's to our flock.Prefer chicks or adults but eggs will work as well.Wheaten/Blue Wheaten or B/B/S colors only so my poor husband doesn't have to keep building new chicken housing.
    Also a few cute little Bantam Cochin's any colors my kids don't mind which.Pet quality is fine that's what they will be here.Really looking for a few pullets but would consider hatching a few eggs.
    I am NPIP
    WILL NOT SHIP any live birds so if your not in TN Southtern KY Northern AL I'm not interested.I wouldn't even mind swapping eggs-I have several breeds getting ready to go into the purebred breeding pens.

2. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  3. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    My lot should gear up later in the spring if you don't mind waiting a few months. With three grown silkies, someone will be broody soon. [​IMG]

I would also highly recommend Pips&Peeps. My last round of eggs came from her and I was extremely pleased. I got a really good hatch rate for shipped eggs and the chickens are gorgeous!!! She was wonderful to work with!

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I should be having BBS purebred ameracauna eggs coming forth in early spring. I'm very pleased with the quality of the eggs we got and how well they hatched.

Our flocks are separately penned and moved regularly in chicken tractors on our chemical free farm.

We ship eggs in the same way we would like to receive them. We bubble wrap each egg separately, putting in a regular box (not an egg carton) which is then cushioned and set in a larger box. These are not the prepaid priority boxes but we use the large boxes that can be ordered through USPS as the standard mailing box. Our mailing costs can often be higher than the prepaid boxes but we find that they arrive in better shape, so it's well worth the extra time, packing materials and shipping costs. Occasionally with a large order, we will use an even larger outside box. Even as carefully as we ship, we cannot guarantee that there will be no breakage in transit. We do not guarantee the percentage of your hatch as the incubators temperature and humidity are very variable. We will provide assistance to you during the hatch and help in every way possible to have the best hatch possible.

We are a chemical free farm and farm full-time. We feed our animals with the best feed, sprouted grains, fresh grasses, treats from the garden and loving care.

Please check out our feedback (please scroll to bottom of pages for our more recent feedback)
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pcz6aC_klXJDTE8H01hR-RA

We also have feed back in the new system as well.

Please pm me if you have any questions or need any more information.

Thanks and have a blessed day.

5. HBuehler

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    Thanks everyone..I'm not in a big rush on any. Just trying to get some ideas lined up..my bators are pretty full right now as it is. I plan to bring CityGirlInTheCountry's Ameraucana's home to add to my flock of Ameraucana's [​IMG] this week but still looking for a few more so I can have the EE's separate from the true flock.The midget cochins are new here and highly addictive I have quickly found out.
    I would prefer to get my eggs as local as possible just to save that shipping...car gets better mpg than the po charges and I get near 100% hatch rates when they don't get shipped.

6. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Mahroni just hatched out 40+ blue wheaton americaunas, I believe... So I am guessing that might be a possible source for you [​IMG]

7. HBuehler

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    I want that roo! I know send you some MF Leg eggs first..we had that chat with my girls and they said Bawk. What is their user name..may just have to get some from them if they have a spare egg or two later on..I just checked and my second bator has 5 spots and I have 6 eggs to put in..time for another bator(had 4 last year)[​IMG]
    I have a baby trio of blue wheatens now and they are so pretty...trying to keep my colors in check so my husband can have a weekend off from building coops next year...and it's only Jan now [​IMG]

8. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Hey, you scratch my back, I pester Mahroni into submission....muahahahaha!

9. HBuehler

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    [​IMG] I took the MFL's out of my signature line for coming soon so you can get all the eggs you need.I only plan to keep a few of my own...you know got to keep the chicken numbers under 500 if possible [​IMG]

10. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    500? Is there an emoticon that faints?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by