1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WTB: White Leghorn and Australorp hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by ShockValue, Jan 23, 2015.

1. ShockValue

ShockValue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    West Sound, Washington
    Spring is on the way, and I'm anticipating my forever-broody hen will be in the mood soon. I don't want to buy right now, but looking for contacts when the time comes to hatch some eggs.

Looking for Black or BBS Autralorps and White Leghorn hatching eggs. After getting some pretty sub-par birds (that are still well loved at our home) from some major hatcheries (not lorps or leghorns) I would like to get some good quality genetics going in my coop. They don't have to be exhibition quality, but I am looking for good examples of the breed.

If you happen to have any of these other breeds as well as the above mentioned, I would be interested in these as well. (But lorps and leghorns are a must)

Black Copper Marans
    Barred Rock (heritage)
    Amaracauna (not EE)
    Welsummer
    Olive Egger
    Cochin (Large Size)

Would love to pick up in Western WA, but willing to pay for well packaged and shipped eggs as well.

Thanks for looking!

2. Tricia5099

Tricia5099 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2012
    Nothern IN
    We have bantam leghorn eggs, and have a loop rooster but no hens, I can cross him with an ameracauna of you want but if not I would lve to sell you some leghorn eggs. As soon as they kick into drive. We only get a couple eggs a week right now

3. ShockValue

Jan 10, 2010
    West Sound, Washington
    Hi Tricia - thanks for the offer, but we're looking for LF. I should have put that in the original post.

4. ShockValue

Jan 10, 2010
    West Sound, Washington
    One of my girls just has to go broody soon. I keep dropping hints, but so far no luck.

None the less, I'm still interested in the eggs posted above.

Thanks for looking! :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by