WTB-White leghorn pullet

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rogue_Woman, May 12, 2008.

1. Rogue_Woman

Rogue_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    NC
    Do any north carolina folks here have a white leghorn pullet for sale, preferrably in the 3-6 month old range? I have one lone leghorn pullet around 16 weeks old that is getting picked on badly by all my other hens (Black sex links, RIRs, and Golden Comets)...she stands out like a sore thumb! They don't even let her roost with them unless we snuggle her in the pileup ourselves after dark. I should've known better than to have a loner when the rest are paired up, she needs a buddy badly!

You would think such a common chicken would be easy to find, but I've looked everywhere with no luck so far...

2. Rogue_Woman

May 12, 2008
    NC
    Bumping this one up...
    My husband cuddled her last night on the porch for a while because none of the other hens would and he didn't want her to get cold. Funny thing is, he doesn't EVER get attached to any of these chickens, he'd sooner eat them than pet them, but he is in love with this little leghorn! lol Of course, she really IS sweet.

I'll post a pic of her soon.

3. dreammaker8482

dreammaker8482 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2008
    Liberty, NC
    I know that one of the feed stores in Asheboro NC was selling some leghorn chicks a few weeks ago, but thats it....I have 2 that are 4 weeks old, but I don't know if I could part with them....

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I also think leghorns are very sweet, it seems like a lot of people dont like them but mine are sweet

5. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    I have 50 4 month olds but I am in FL. [​IMG] Lil far for a chicken. Goodluck

6. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    how much you asking for them leghorns florida chic

7. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    With the cost of feed they are $13 each. thanks Kari

8. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    I'll help bump you up to the top again...............If you would have posted last week and the week before I had 15 to get rid of but I already sold them. I can ask the lady if she wants to sell a few of them for ys because I will be coming to Asheboro for a family reunion on Saturday.

I will be coming through Rockingham Co. (Eden-Reidsville) and Guilford Co.(Greensboro Hwy 29) and then into Randolph Co. (Asheboro--Randleman Hwy 220) PM me if interested and I will see if she will part with a few.

I have one white leghorn left that is 5 weeks old but I think it's a roo but I'm not sure.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2008
  9. Rogue_Woman

May 12, 2008
    NC
    thanks for the bump, and pm sent [​IMG]

10. Rogue_Woman

May 12, 2008
    NC
    You won't be coming quite close enough, but thanks so much for the offer, and thanks for sending me the flyer! I'm gonna bump this post back up so that anyone else who may have one to part with can see it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by