wtb/wtt wellsummer/maran cash or trade

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ae50mag, Jan 9, 2008.

1. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

i want wellsummer/ and very dark egg laying maran eggs... please advise if anyone can help or want to trade for malaysian serama eggs....

frank

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  2. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    I've seen your other posts wanting eggs for trade....it is very tempting, and I may have taken you up on it if my darn Marans were laying!! They are taking a little winter vacation, apparantly.

It is for the best, really--I really don't have room to take on any Seramas! I just don't have the extra pens!

I can always let you know if the girls start laying anytime soon. I only have one good breeding trio, though, so I am only going to be able to offer 6 (+ 1 or 2 extras) at a time to ensure that I'm shipping the freshest eggs. Eggs from this trio are pictured in my avatar. I have occasionally gotten an off-colored, lighter egg from them, but they consistently layed that dark through last year. Actually, those eggs were the last ones I got before they stopped laying for the winter, so they would presumably be the lightest of their cycle (as Marans usually lay darker when they first start to lay, then color lightens up the longer they lay...then usually darkens again after a period of non-laying...in case you didn't know that already! [​IMG]).

3. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Frank there is a guy selling on ebay who has Wellsummer, Barnevelder, Cuckoo Maran eggs. Others on here have bought from him and someone ( sorry can't remember who ) just hatched some of his eggs and were pleased.

Here is his auction # if you want to check it out.

4. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

thanks for the replys, and i will look foward to trades and i will check out ebay. thanks
    frank

5. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    Frank... sent you a message with the info on a guy I had a GREAT hatch from.. he has great fertility and dark eggs [​IMG] he sent me blue, blue birchen, black copper, golden and black.. very dark eggs..[​IMG] we have 9 little buggers running around from him just hatched out!!
    Denna

6. Frogtown

Frogtown Back 40 Farm

Aug 16, 2007
    South Carolina
    Hey Frank,

I should have some this spring from a splash marans roo and 3 black hens, the came from Ray Valentine in Flordia. I also have a pair of Welsummers I hatched from MotherGoose.
    I live right up the road from you in Westminster, SC.

7. Crunchie

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Denna--do you mind pm'ing me w/that info, too?? I only have Cuckoos now, but I'd love to add a few different varieties of Marans to my pens. And gosh, I'm a sucker for anything blue...[​IMG] Do you have pics of the eggs?

8. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    HI Crunchie.. PM is not working his info is Jim at
    jameswcox at suddenlink.net
    here are the eggs [​IMG] thats a large serama size egg next to it these are the actual eggs I received

[​IMG]

9. Crunchie

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Thanks!! But I did get your PM...so it is working on my end?

10. fdnick

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    Good.. it said at the top when I sent it that they knew there was an issue and they were working on it [​IMG]
    must have gotten it fixed.. good luck..
    Denna

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by