WTD: Black Orps, Splash Orps, EE, Polish

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Char971, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Char971

Char971 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2010
    Westover, Maryland
    I'm looking for black orps, splash orps and EE to add to my flock. Oh, and my 14 year old wants some Polish as she "loves their hair dos". I live in Westover, MD 21871 (lower eastern shore). I would prefer day old or young chicks as I have not tried my hand at hatching yet, but will be shortly.

If you sell eggs and/or chicks, please let me know what is your minimum, costs, shipping and when you would have them available! I may be able to pick-up in Maryland, Delaware, eastern shore of VA and possibly PA (but that may be a hike).

Thanks!!!!

Charlene
    char971@gmail.com

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  2. linda_zeagler31002

linda_zeagler31002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Adrian, Georgia
    I just hatched out 30 off mine, you can see mine on my website, shipping is rough right now with the low cold temps, I did find a website to buy heat packs that last 72 hours, they can ship Priority mail, I put grogel B in all my boxes of babies, the temps are just going to be a factor, all my personal info is on website, hope to hear from you

3. Char971

Char971 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2010
    Westover, Maryland
    Thanks Linda! I'll check out your website and get back with you!

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I know everyone will remember 2 things on shipping and receiving eggs, the sender should ask the post office they use if they are allowed to ship on a given week and if the receiving post office is still allowed to receive a shipment. Each state receives ongoing updates about allowability of ships for baby chicks. (I don't ship babies but have received some, so gleaned this tidbit of info from our local post office!) Best of luck to all shipping and receiving! I'm might try in the spring,,,,,haven't decided yet...Tough decision!

5. linda_zeagler31002

linda_zeagler31002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Adrian, Georgia
    You are right Bargain, I have a business account with the USPS and this year a long they made a good number of $k off shipping with me, and my personal P.O. the gang there is great, but having a business account set up with the USPS, they send you emails and updates, but your post was excellent info to other BYC. I also posted those brooders for you to look at in your wanted adv.

6. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    I ship chicks [​IMG] all winter long and have BBS orps if you'd like to take a look at our website for ordering. We prepare a special shipping box for the new babies and have really good success. [​IMG] Good Luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by