WTH, I JUST HEARD A ROOSTER?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Chick_a_dee, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    I was sitting on my front porch in my already sold house, drinking my coffee, trying to decide what to take to the appartment today. All of a sudden, A ROOSTER FLIPPING CROWS! Well... my first thought is, oh it's the zoo, well uhh... the zoo doesn't have chickens, let alone a rooster. Our town forbids backyard chickens, and the humane society LOVE to do their daily/hourly/minutely rounds to screw you over at all times. WHERE DID THIS ROOSTER COME FROM?!

2. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    last winter i had a rooster in my basement. He had shown up on the property, barn and pasture, I was leasing from some crazy crack heads.(yeah a whole other story there!)

When they broke the lease contract and told me to get out I didnt want to leave the poor rooster there to fend for himself. So we caught him and brought him home. He has since found another home better equipped to have a rooster.[​IMG]

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I was outside telling my neighbors about the coming chicks etc. She says to me
    "Well someone around here has a rooster. We used to hear him all the time. Very faint so he might be up the hill some"

I nearly died laughing and then told her that it had been Fred she had heard. She told me her husband would be relieved because he had thought he was hearing things. I then reassured her that we wouldnt be getting any roos. Even though I really want a Golden Sebright roo

3. Sonia

Sonia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    SE Oklahoma
    No chickens in our town either....yet I hear a roo every morning for the past two weeks....LOL I'm not saying a word about it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by