WTT 6 lb feed grade De for mealworms

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by justafeedboy, Oct 24, 2011.

1. justafeedboy

justafeedboy Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2011
    in my own little world
    I have for trade a six pound bag of food grade DE, I would like to start a meal worm farm and I would be willing to ship you the De, priority mail in exchange for whatever you think is appropriate in meal worms, The DE retails for $15. I was hoping for about 1000 meal worms and you to pay the shipping of them to me. PM me if you are interested. I can send you a pic of the DE to your phone to prove what I have.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have no use for DE, but I could send you a mealworm start? It would include bugs, chrysalises, worms, and bedding. I 1/2 fill a 2-cup glad bowl with part of my colony. Cost is $7.50 plus shipping (usually $6 or less). Let me know if you're interested. Should include a few hundred worms and numerous bugs and chrysalises. The bedding should also contain several eggs.

3. justafeedboy

justafeedboy Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2011
    in my own little world
    Thanks, I will wait and see if anyone wants to trade, I will keep you in mind. I had to order a case of De .

4. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    I'm interested but don't think I have enough mealworms at the moment....been selling too many!! WestKnollAmy and I both sell 1000 for around $10.00 plus shipping, which would be at least $15. Someone else sells organic mealworms for a little more.

btw....the correct name for the stages are the larva (which we call mealworms), the pupae, and the Darkling beetle. Butterflies make chrysalises, not Darkling beetles.

Check out our 'Mealworm Farming" thread on the Feeding and Watering board....might try posting there to see if there are any takers. Lots of us raising and selling worms now.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Thank you for the correction, but if you do a google search you will see that both 'pupae' and 'chrysalis' is used when referring to darkling beetles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by