1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WTT Araucanas 4 Crele Penedesenca eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by DEVILDOG, Apr 6, 2009.

1. DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2008
    Beaufort SC
    I would like to trader some TRUE Araucana eggs for some Crele Penedesenca eggs. If anyone has any Crele and would consider a trade I can email pictures of my birds. I have one Crele pullet and I would like to get her some friends.
    I would also consider some dark eggs from Blue Cuckoo Marans. Thanks Brad

2. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    I should have some eggs available in a few weeks. I have four hens but only just got a rooster today. My old rooster was lost to a fox a month ago so as soon as I know the new one is doing his job I will begin shipping. I have a bout 5 people on the waiting list so it will probably be a month or so. Check out my BYC page for some info.

3. oldguy

oldguy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2009
    Quote:Can you tell me the correct way to pronounce Penedesenca ... would this be close ... pen-ed-e-sen-ca ... or how does it sound?

Thanks,
    Oldguy

4. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    DD - what type(s) of araucanas do you have?

5. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    I'm not entirely sure about the pronunciation. Its a Catalan word and I have never met anyone who speaks it. I do speak Castillian Spanish and so I pronounce it the way it sounds in Castillian, which is the closest language to Catalan; both are very Latin based so every letter is pronounced.

In Spanish... pay-neigh-day-senka...but depending on the regional accent it could be pay-neigh-day-thenka.

The breed was developed in Catalonia so if anyone is from Barcelona or that area let us know!

6. DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2008
    Beaufort SC
    Cool Picco When you get some please let me know.

Warhorse I have Two blues with a somewhat black roo.

I also have two BBR pens.

And one real nice white Roo in a pen w/some BBR type hens.

I almost forgot I also have a killer Golden DW bantam Roo on a bantam Black hen.

If you would like you can look at my page. I have a few on there.

7. LuannKeller

LuannKeller Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Greer, SC USA
    I think I have an extra roo if you are trying to pair up your hen. I am in Greer, SC. How far is that from Beaufort? I am heading to Newberry this week - hopefully Tuesday - is that closer?

8. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Late post but it still may be useful.... I was told the pronunciation was: Penny De Senca Hope that helps and hope it is correct. [​IMG]

9. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Ohhhhhhh, I want the SLW's! They are gorgeous!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by