WTT or for SALE Grey Guinea Keets for Guinea Keets or guinea eggs - IA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Crockett, May 5, 2009.

1. Crockett

Crockett Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2009
    North Central - IA
    I was given a nest of Grey Guinea eggs from a nest that was disturbed and they thought that the guinea would not go back to the nest. I have them in my incubator and they will hatch toward the end of the month. I want to keep some of them; but, I do not want all of them to be from the same pair of guinea. I would like to trade some of the keets (IF THEY HATCH) for other keets or eggs. Or, if no one wants to trade, does someone want to buy a few of them? I don't want to count my keets before they hatch so I don't know how many I will have. I don't want to ship, but will drive part of the way to meet someone if they want to trade. I live in North Central Iowa.

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  2. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Guinea hens will share a nest, then when it gets full (usually 20+) one decides to set. Your eggs may not be from one hen...unless all they had was one hen.

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:What he said, mine all lay in the same spot, so depending on how many hens were around will give you your diversity.

P.S. Where is the halfway point between MD and Iowa? lets meet somewhere around Columbus OH. [​IMG]

4. Crockett

Crockett Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2009
    North Central - IA
    He has more than one hen. The problem is he told me that most of his birds came from the same pair.

When you get to OH, contact me and I will let you know how long it will be before I get there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by