1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WV BBS eggs and a cross of Brahma/Orp maybe!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Tuffoldhen, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I'm still getting quite a few pure BBS Orpington eggs and maybe a cross of Light Brahma hen/Blue or Black Orp rooster in the mix. If anyone is interested PM me. I have orders to fill this week and then will have more available. I had put the small flock of Brahma hens in with the larger flock of BBS Orp for the winter will not be seperating them til early Spring. Let me know, 25.00 a doz with extras when I can and that includes shipping charges and confirmation #.

I hatched out 50 some chicks out of 55 eggs this past Nov. fertility is very good with 3 Orpington roosters in the henhouse, I have no other breed roosters.

Pic of my flock.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Sold! PMing you now. [​IMG]

3. ArabiansR2Cool

ArabiansR2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

Any idea when they will be pure BBS Orps? If you could please put me on your list for then, I would appreciate it.

4. Tuffoldhen

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    It would be early Spring when the weather is warmer, late March or April. Just PM me and remind me you are looking for BBS.

Most of my Brahmas are really old like 7 years so I'm only getting eggs from 2 of them at the present. I only have 7 Brahma hens in with the BBS.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  5. ArabiansR2Cool

ArabiansR2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks! I'll be sure to PM you around then [​IMG]

6. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    I received my eggs from Sandy today. They are big beautiful eggs. And the packaging, I think they could have dropped that box from an airplane and none would have broken. lol Of the 14 eggs, only 1 was a cross, the rest were BBS Orps. If you're looking for Orp eggs, these eggs are awesome! Thanks again, Sandy. I just put them in the bator.........

Paula:)

7. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Got mine yesterday and they are resting on the counter.Anyone interested shoudl jump on these.Everyone has long waiting list for BBS eggs.

8. hippichick

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Quote:I totally agree!![​IMG]

Paula

9. Tuffoldhen

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Thanks both of you that was very nice of you to post and say!!

10. hippichick

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Quote:Nothin but the truth, Ma'am.[​IMG]

Paula

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by